Unknown Rizzo 6

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Unknown Rizzo 6

Post by tkrupar »

This one may be critical to my search. I need date of death, name, parents, etc. Thank you.

Image one:

Image two:

Tom
carubia
Master
Master

Re: Unknown Rizzo 6

Post by carubia »

It's a death record for a 5-month old baby, Carmela Rizzo, daughter of Giovanni Rizzo. She died on 23 Sep 1885. I would guess that it is probably not that critical.
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tkrupar »

To all:

Can someone take a guess at the name of the mother? I see a "Maria" in the name. Thank you Carubia for your response, the date, the name of the child, the date of death, the name of the father are very important to me and help me in my research on the Rizzo family in SG.

Tom
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

It does look like "Maria" (but with the "i" and the "r" appearing to be a single letter), but then there is an "lla" (or "tta") after that. Perhaps Mariella or Marietta. The surname starts with a D.
tkrupar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tkrupar »

Thank you again Carubia. I could not figure it out and I was confused with the "tta" ending. Having fresh eyes take a look is very helpful.

Tom