D'Aversa Family from Accadia,Foggia,Puglia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dominick D

D'Aversa Family from Accadia,Foggia,Puglia

Post by Dominick D »

I'm Looking for records of the D'Aversa Family from Accadia,Foggia,Puglia. My grandfather was Domenico D'Aversa born Febuary 21 1875 His parents were Ben D'Aversa and Rosaria DeRosa.His brothers were Rocco, Michele,Generoso and possibly Benjamen His sisters were Euphemia And posibly Rosa.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: D'Aversa Family from Accadia,Foggia,Puglia

Post by Tessa78 »

Welcome to the forum! :-)

Records for Accadia, Foggia are available to rent and view at the nearest LDS Family History Center. They cover births, deaths, and marriages from 1809 - 1905
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Did your ancestors immigrate to US?
If yes, do you have US documents for your ancestors?

T.
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

Yes My Grandfather immigrated to the US I found 2 Possibilities in Italians to America Data file,manifest ID # 00083291 April 29 1895 on the ship Victoria from Naples to New York or manifest ID# 00083027 February 17 1898 on the ship Burgundia from Naples to New York Residence Accadia I think it might be because in the US Census some list birth year 1878 or 1875
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Dominick D wrote:Yes My Grandfather immigrated to the US I found 2 Possibilities in Italians to America Data file,manifest ID # 00083291 April 29 1895 on the ship Victoria from Naples to New York or manifest ID# 00083027 February 17 1898 on the ship Burgundia from Naples to New York Residence Accadia I think it might be because in the US Census some list birth year 1878 or 1875
US Censuses, and US death records are notoriously inaccurate, at times. :?

Can you tell me where in US he lived?
Did he marry here? Spouse's name? Children?

Any details you can provide will help in the search.

EDIT TO ADD:
I have located a WWI Registration Card for a Domenico D'Aversa living in Brooklyn, NY
Occupation is a tailor. Wife's name is "Lizzie"
DOB - 22 Feb 1875
Is this your GF?

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify

Also located in the NYC Marriage Index at http://www.italiangen.org
D'Aversa Domenico Dec 8 1901 Manhattan #21463
Contrastano Lizzie Dec 8 1901 Manhattan #21463

You can order the above marriage record if you do not have it :-)
http://www.nyc.gov/dorforms/marriagecert.jsp

ALSO... looking at the April 1895 ship manifest for the SS Victoria I noticed that many other D'Aversa passengers are also on that manifest... :-)
Passengers # 63, 64, 65, 67 (Domenico), 70 and 75.

T.
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

Yes that's My Grandfather's WWI Draft registration I also found it.My guess is he came on the ship Burgundia on 2/17/1898 manifest #00083027. I dont recognize any names on the manifest for the Victoria. I'm interested in any information on my Great-grandparents Ben D'Aversa & Rosaria DeRosa. I don't think they left Italy.
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

Where can I find citizenship papers or naturalization papers? My Granfather had his framed & on his wall.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Dominick D wrote:Where can I find citizenship papers or naturalization papers? My Granfather had his framed & on his wall.

At this NARA site... You will need to join (free) to order reproductions...

https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... chives.gov

T.
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

Through researching I've found my Grandfather's brothers Rocco, Michele & Generoso, His sisters were Euphemia D'Aversa Paoletta & Maddelena D'Aversa Salvatore. Also found out that my Great-Grandmother Rosaria DeRosa was listed on 1910 census in the household of my Great Aunt Maddelena D'Aversa Salvatore. Still looking for info on my Great Grandparents Ben D'Aversa & Rosaria DeRosa.
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

The D'Aversa family is documented in the 1753 Catasto Onciario (census) of Accadia. In that census there is that of

Ciriaco D'Aversa, shoemaker, age 62
Teresa Labriola, wife, age 56
Francesco Antonio, shoemaker, son , age 19
Eloquenza, daughter, age 16
Candida, daughter, age 12

The family owned a house in front of the Sant'Antonio Church, a vineyeard and a donkey.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
Esteban Daversa

Post by Esteban Daversa »

Hi Dominick! My name is Esteban D'Aversa. I'm from Argentina. My great grandfather (Sebastiano D'Aversa, born in 1853) and my Grandfather (Francesco Antonio D'Aversa, born in 1883), they were both born in ACCADIA!!! They came to Argentina in 1890....
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

Estaban

Sorry I haven't checked this site in a while. I've been told my Grandfather had a cousin Francesco Antonio maybe your grandfather is his cousin. Can you trace your ancestors past your great-grandfather ?
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

Esteban

Through research found out my 2X great-grandfather was Rocco D'Aversa
Dominick D

Post by Dominick D »

I now have established that Rocco D'Aversa B.1815 and Maddalena Lizzo B.1825 D. Nov. 30 1899 are my 2X Great Grandparents. I'm looking to find info on their children, Im sure my Great-Grandfather Beniamino D'Aversa had siblings. If anyone can access information from Accadia, any would be great.