Info on Santella/Morrone family in Jelsi, Campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Info on Santella/Morrone family in Jelsi, Campobasso

Post by Tessa78 »

I do not believe that I posted anything from the Ancestry site :-)

I have posted from 2 free sites - but you must register to view.
http://www.familysearch.org (Family Search site by LDS)
AND
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/home (Archives of Italian records)

Enjoy! (by the way.. you cannot print from the antenati site )

When you write to the Comune of Minturno for your Angelo's record, be sure to include your email address. Sometimes they will contact you before they send the document.
If you cannot read the Italian... post it here... we would be happy to help.

T.
comescrap
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Sep 2015, 03:53

Re: Info on Santella/Morrone family in Jelsi, Campobasso

Post by comescrap »

Hi, I just found this site and I think my grandmother may have been a descendent of the group you are talking about - Mary Santella - daughter of Angeline Marrone/Santella
DianeMeng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Apr 2017, 17:14

Re: Info on Santella/Morrone family in Jelsi, Campobasso

Post by DianeMeng »

Tessa78 wrote: 12 Aug 2015, 21:34 I do not believe that I posted anything from the Ancestry site :-)

I have posted from 2 free sites - but you must register to view.
http://www.familysearch.org (Family Search site by LDS)
AND
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/home (Archives of Italian records)

Enjoy! (by the way.. you cannot print from the antenati site )

When you write to the Comune of Minturno for your Angelo's record, be sure to include your email address. Sometimes they will contact you before they send the document.
If you cannot read the Italian... post it here... we would be happy to help.

T.
Thanks so much Tessa! I sent it all, but I never heard back which is disappointing, but I didn't expect to hear anything. Oh well! :(
PatRx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 19:35

Re: Info on Santella/Morrone family in Jelsi, Campobasso

Post by PatRx »

Diane - you might want to contact St. Ann's Italian Club in Norwalk, Ct. This was founded in the early 1900's by all the immigrants from Ielsi, including my grandfather Pasquale (Patsy) Santella (He came here in 1911). They had really good records that went way back and may have some info for you.

Pat Santella
DianeSMeng
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jul 2022, 22:16

Re: Info on Santella/Morrone family in Jelsi, Campobasso

Post by DianeSMeng »

Thank you Pat. I did reply last week (I think) but I don't see it here. LOL Thanks for the info. Diane
Post Reply