Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism

Post by gemellua »

While reading the 1906 birth records of my family's hometown, I came upon recordings at the end of the book mentioning my grandmother and two siblings. This was the first time the family returned to Sicily since my grandmother's birth in 1899. She (Anna Randazzo) came to the USA at age 1 month.

I can make out some of the record. Looks like the godparents are mentioned, as I recognize the names and it confirms what my grandmother told us. However, the person giving this information to town hall is my great aunt and not my ggrandmother - so is she presenting a baptismal record to them? I see the years 1903, 1904, 1905 - and I think the street address should have been 29 Mott Street which would have been Parish of the Transfiguration.

The town's 1899 records were destroyed in a fire. So even though my family knows for a fact my grandmother was born here, it would be nice to have a record confirming this.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism

Post by Tessa78 »

This record is dated 27 December 1906 in Sciara.
Appearing was Teresa di Pasquale who asked the official to transcribe into the register the record from the Parish of the Transfiguration in New York, of the birth ( on 5 November 1903) and baptism (on 24 January 1904) of Anna Randazzo, daughter of Nicolo' Randazzo and Teresa di Pasquale. Godparents were Matteo Randazzo and Marina di Pasquale.
The record Teresa di Pasquale gave to the official had to go through a series of approvals which is why you see the other dates.

T.
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation needed-Docmentation of Baptism

Post by gemellua »

Thank you Tessa. This isn't information regarding my grandmother - it's my cousin.