Trying to find out about Tommaso Cusimano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Trying to find out about Tommaso Cusimano

Post by siskojnash »

I would like to find out the exact relationship between Tommaso Cusimano and his wife, Eleonora Cusimano. I'm told that they're cousins, but want to find out exactly how closely they were connected. I already know a bit about Eleonora's side.
Eleonora Cusimano was born on February 11, 1886 in Castelbuono and died there sometime in 1918 during the Influenza outbreak. I don't have death records for her or two of her children who also died then. She married Tommaso Cusimano on April 5, 1913. Her birth record talks about the marriage, but I don't have that record, either.
Eleonora's parents were Luigi Cusimano (born abt 1949) and Vincenza Castiglia (born abt 1962. They were married on September 21, 1879 in Castelbuono. I have the marriage record, but no birth records. Luigi's parents were Santi Cusimano (born ABT 1813) and Rosa Banno. I only know about them from Luigi's marriage record. This is what I already know from Eleonora's side of the family.

Tommaso Cusimano was born on February 18, 1877 in Castelbuono. I don't know when he died. I have his birth record already. His parents were Antonio Cusimano and Anna Di Napoli.
I hope that this is enough information for someone to be able to help me find out exacly how Tommaso Cusimano is related to Eleonora Cusimano. Thank you for your time.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Trying to find out about Tommaso Cusimano

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Luigi Cusimano
INDEX#26
1849 Jan 27th in the town of Castelbuono birth of Luigi Cusimano delivered by Maria Scialabba age 47 midwife to Santi Cusimano age 36 farmer and Rosa Bondi age 28 (It says Rosa Bondi on the birth record but Rosa Bonno on the marriage publication

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n537999014

PG LINK TO MARR PUB

Birth of Vincenza Castiglia
INDEX#342
1861 Dec 19th in the town of Castelbuono birth of Vincenza Castiglia delivered by Maria Scialabba age 45 midwife to Carmelo Castiglia age 50 farmer and Elenora Banno age 40

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD

Death of Carmelo Castiglia
INDEX#328
1865 Oct 31st in the town of Castelbuono death of Carmelo Castiglia age 40 carriage driver son of deceased Rosario Castiglia and Michelangela Napoli

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you so much! Does anyone have any ideas about the Tommaso Cusimano side? Tommaso and Eleonora are supposed to be some sort of cousins.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could someone please help me find out about the family of Tommaso Cusimano? Tommaso Cusimano was born on February 18, 1877 in Castelbuono. I don't know when he died. I have his birth record already. His parents were Antonio Cusimano and Anna Di Napoli. He was married to Eleonora Cusimano, apparently some sort of cousin, and Rosalia Alaimo, after Eleonora and two of his children died during the influenza outbreak in 1918.
He apparently came to the U.S. at some point after that, and then returned to Castelbuono. Is there a record of this somewhere? There wouldn't be death records as late as 1918 available anywhere, would there? I would really like to find out exactly how Eleonora and Tommaso were related.
parkergambino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by parkergambino »

My great-greatgrandfather, Nicolo Cusimano, is grandfather of your Tommaso Cusimano, so we're distant relatives through the common ancestry of (Nicolo Cusimano x Margherita Botta died 1883). To fill in what I know of the remainder of the pedigree going back, MB's parents were (Angelo Botta x Maria Onorata).

I have nothing on any Eleanora Cusimano or the relatives of hers that you mention.

Now going forward, Tommaso's (celibe) first marriage was to Antonia Barreca in 1908:

(https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=482983)

They produced a daughter Anna 1909-1989.

If you want to really get lost, try sorting through the Barreca's of Castelbuono. The name is interwoven throughout my family, including one direct ancestor; I'm guessing just about everyone from there is related to at least one Barreca. I haven't yet waded into that family's relationships.

Here's hoping this thread's still active, would love to swap notes.

Parker Gambino
parkergambino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by parkergambino »

My great-greatgrandfather, Nicolo Cusimano, is grandfather of your Tommaso Cusimano, so we're distant relatives through the common ancestry of (Nicolo Cusimano x Margherita Botta died 1883). To fill in what I know of the remainder of the pedigree going back, MB's parents were (Angelo Botta x Maria Onorata).

I have nothing on any Eleanora Cusimano or the relatives of hers that you mention.

Now going forward, Tommaso's (celibe) first marriage was to Antonia Barreca in 1908:

(https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=482983)

They produced a daughter Anna 1909-1989.

If you want to really get lost, try sorting through the Barreca's of Castelbuono. The name is interwoven throughout my family, including one direct ancestor; I'm guessing just about everyone from there is related to at least one Barreca. I haven't yet waded into that family's relationships.

Here's hoping this thread's still active, would love to swap notes.

Parker Gambino