DePricolo and/or DeBiase Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: DePricolo and/or DeBiase Families

Post by suanj »

taximom wrote:Hi Everyone. Thank you for your interest in the DePricolo and/or DeBiase Families. First let me say that DePricolo is indeed a legitimate Italian name and not a made up name. It was changed to Prisolo by my Grandfather because when he lived in Schaghticoke, New York, no one could pronounce Pasquale DePricolo. Since his middle name was Anthony, he changed his name to Tony Prisolo. That said, let me try and answer some of the other questions posted. The entry on Ancestry.com is indeed mine, to which I have not had any replies. I have also checked or tried to check the Ellis Island Manifests to no avail. Since I don't have a specific date of entry, nor the ship they came over on or their point of entry, it is virtually impossible to check. As to my ancestors' names I will attempt to give a brief history. My Grandfather was born in Frosolone, Italy in 1872. His parents were John (Giovanni) DePricolo and Concetta Nibaldo, who I understand both died in Italy, but don't know when. My Grandfather had 3 sisters--Assunta (who married the brother of my Grandmother and lived in Groveland, Massachusetts), Michaelangelo and Gabriella who stayed in Italy. There was also a nephew of my Grandmother, Concetta Nibaldo. His name was Jack Nibaldo and she was his legal guardian. He also lived in Massachusetts, Haverhill to be exact. On to my Grandmother. Lucy (Lucia) DeBiase was born either in Frosolone or Acquavive, Italy in 1880. Her parents were Rocco DeBiase and Maria Victoria Masselle. From what I can gather, Rocco was born 3/12/1845 and died 5/8/1920 either in Philadelphia or Italy, don't know which. Their children were Lucy, Peter, Angeline, Rose, Jenny (Jonelle), Anna, Joseph, Molly and Benny. Rocco's parents were Simon DiBiaso and Magdalena Colacielo and Simon's parents were Rocco DiBiaso and Maria Rosa. Notice the different spelling of DeBiase as we go further back. Their is also another spelling--Beiso. That is about as much information as I have been able to gather. Hope this helps answer anyones questions which have been posed. One more interesting thing I just thought of. I have been to the Morman Center--2 actually. Unfortunately all their records are in Italian and on microfiche. I can't read nor speak Italian, so that avenue is not an option to me. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Hi taximon, yes I understand that in USA the surname spelling is different, but so also in Italy, and for exemple Nibaldo don't exist but is NIBALDI present also in Frosolone, so DePricolo or DE PRICOLO no records in Italy, almost second my knowdlege... and also about Masselle the right spelling is MASELLI (also exist MassellI version, BUT in Frosolone is Maselli ), so about De Pricolo or De Priscolo etc... in Italy the correct version is another... and DeBiase is De Biase right, but no in Molise ... because in our region( Molise where I live) is Di Biasi or Di Biase version...correct both...

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

However taximon, in the ship's manifest of Aug 30, 1906
Assunta Pricoli age 21 from Frosolone joining to Pasquale brother in Phila, but it could be a coincidence ......suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
taximom

Post by taximom »

hi vj

You have really helped me a lot. The census on Rocco DiBiase are indeed my family. His daughter Rose did marrie Cosmo DeLeonardo and their children were Helen and Robert--don't know where James came from. Robert has always been knows as Bobby!

As for the ship--that is a possibility. Have to check that one out.

Thanks!

taximom
taximom

Post by taximom »

hi suanj!

Since you do live in Italy, I am so very grateful for your input and help. As I was looking at my Grandparents' Marriage Certificate--the spelling for Nibaldo is Nibatti and the spelling for Masselle is noted as Mainella. So a lot of spellings could definitely be off. As for Assunta Pricoli from Frisolone who travelled with her brother Pasquale I could almost be positive this is related. Do you know the name of the ship? I would be most interested. Thank you again.

taximom
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

taximom,
Thank you. :)
We're all glad we could help find your family in the US records!
It's quite a team effort here.
I've certainly appreciated reading and learning from all the
research and idea's that everyone contributes daily.
You are correct about Robert, gotta figure, last line of that post
and it was wrong. I rechecked the census and fixed the post.
My apologies, I thought I double checked it. :oops:
Also, I didn't realize that the free trial at Ancestry was so limited -
thanks, wldspirit! :wink:
Please keep us updated!
vj
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

taximom,
I think it's night-time in Italy now?
for suanj: :wink:
the link to the manifest 30 Aug 1906 SS Prinzess Irene
for Assunta PRICOLI
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_wei ... &line=0025
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

taximom wrote:hi suanj!

Since you do live in Italy, I am so very grateful for your input and help. As I was looking at my Grandparents' Marriage Certificate--the spelling for Nibaldo is Nibatti and the spelling for Masselle is noted as Mainella. So a lot of spellings could definitely be off. As for Assunta Pricoli from Frisolone who travelled with her brother Pasquale I could almost be positive this is related. Do you know the name of the ship? I would be most interested. Thank you again.

taximom
Hi taximon, now we know more, no Masselle (Maselli) but Mainella, this is ANOTHER surname completely, and in fact Assunta Pricoli joining Pasquale brother is in travel with Giuseppe Mainella also from Frosolone and joining Pasquale uncle in Phila.... Now the right surnames are:
PRICOLI
MAINELLA
NIBALDI

for all civil records that you need, please to write to

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Corso Garibaldi, 39
86095 Frosolone(IS)
Italy

or by email

info @ comune.frosolone.is.it

thanks vj for the Assunta ship's manifest :wink:
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
taximom

Post by taximom »

Hi suanj!

Thank you for all your help. This gives me something to work with. Much appreciated!

taximom
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

taximom wrote:Hi suanj!

Thank you for all your help. This gives me something to work with. Much appreciated!

taximom
:wink: suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

suanj,
You're welcome - I need to get a second clock and put it on the time in Italy.
Great catch on Giuseppe Mainella on the manifest.
This find should really help taximom with her research.
Thanks for the lesson on looking at everything more than once!
Valarie :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In this moment on the clock are 17.45

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Valerie, so you can see that in USA are 1.40 A.M, and in Italy the 17.45 the sunday.. thanks for all, kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

suanj,
11:45 here Eastern Daylight Savings time
6 hours different
Thanks! Valarie :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ah ok, on my previous message I read:

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:40 am Post subject: Re: DePricolo and/or DeBiase Families

so this clock is no your clock, perhaps is another
different places in USA... so 11.45.... now 17.52 here.. many kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rossilli

Post by rossilli »

Hi taximom

I just been informed by city hall of Frosolone that my greatgreatgrandmother was born in Frosolone in 1850 to parents Father Micheal Colarusso and Concetta DiBiase. I hope this info can help you

Thank You