Need translation help - Italian into English

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
belladonnadicalabria

Need translation help - Italian into English

Post by belladonnadicalabria »

Hi group!

I sent for a Stato Di Famiglia Certificate and this is what I got back. Could someone please tell me what it says.

Thank you,
Maria

In riferimento a quanto richiesto con Vs nota del 09.01.2006, si fa presente che la documentazione cartacea inerente gli stati di famiglia e’ stata instituita nel 1930 e quindi non e’ stato possiblile procedere alla compilazione del relativo certificato
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need translation help - Italian into English

Post by suanj »

Hi belladonna.
the registries for family certificate are from 1930 so nothing for certificate of families before 1930.
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Perhaps you must ask the certificato storico di famiglia(by payment) that is right for certificate of families before 1930. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

belladonnadicalabria wrote:Hi group!

I sent for a Stato Di Famiglia Certificate and this is what I got back. Could someone please tell me what it says.

Thank you,
Maria

In riferimento a quanto richiesto con Vs nota del 09.01.2006, si fa presente che la documentazione cartacea inerente gli stati di famiglia e’ stata instituita nel 1930 e quindi non e’ stato possiblile procedere alla compilazione del relativo certificato
It says:
"In reference to the request in your letter of 9th January 2006, I would bring to your notice that the paper documentation containing family registration details was only begun in 1930 and therefore it has not been possible to proceed with the compilation of the relative certificate".
Elba.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
belladonnadicalabria

Post by belladonnadicalabria »

suanj wrote:Perhaps you must ask the certificato storico di famiglia(by payment) that is right for certificate of families before 1930. suanj
Thank you Suanj and Elba for you quick response. I do appreciate your kindness in explaining to me what my letter stated.

Suanj,
How much does it cost to get a Storico di Famiglia? I need to send Euro's correct? And so I send it to the same place that I sent my original letter?

Thank you again,
Maria
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

belladonnadicalabria wrote:
suanj wrote:Perhaps you must ask the certificato storico di famiglia(by payment) that is right for certificate of families before 1930. suanj
Thank you Suanj and Elba for you quick response. I do appreciate your kindness in explaining to me what my letter stated.

Suanj,
How much does it cost to get a Storico di Famiglia? I need to send Euro's correct? And so I send it to the same place that I sent my original letter?

Thank you again,
Maria
It strikes me kind os strange that they don't have any birth certificates prior to 1930, usually town halls birth certificates go back to the mid 1800's. Before that the Church use to issue such documents and were written in latin. If I were you I would not send any money, as far as I know town hall (comune) is not supposed to charge money for issuing such certificates to family members.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Julo,

This request was not for birth records. It was for a different document called Stato Di Famiglia Certificate. This record would contain birth dates, marriages and death dates for the family but this comune stated they do not keep them before 1930. Suanj advised the poster to request the Stato Di Famiglia Certificate. This would have basically the same information, but is is historical or for an earlier period of time.

I would expect the comune does have the birth records. To us it may seem the same thing being asked for, but it was a totally different document as far as the town officals are concerned.
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

VaDeb wrote:Julo,

This request was not for birth records. It was for a different document called Stato Di Famiglia Certificate. This record would contain birth dates, marriages and death dates for the family but this comune stated they do not keep them before 1930. Suanj advised the poster to request the Stato Di Famiglia Certificate. This would have basically the same information, but is is historical or for an earlier period of time.

I would expect the comune does have the birth records. To us it may seem the same thing being asked for, but it was a totally different document as far as the town officals are concerned.
:? oops...sorry. Looks like I've shuffled a few certificates around.