Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Great Grandfather arrived in the U.S. between 1900-1904, no earlier information is available regarding his origin there. Due to the many town's in Caltanassetta, how would one search Church records there? His Name was Francesco Giunta and the only other info known are his birth-death dates 1876-1955.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
You have the name of town they were born in What was his wifes name
Is this him
Francesco Giunta
in the U.S., Find A Grave Index
Name: Francesco Giunta
Birth Date: 1876
Death Date: 1955
Cemetery: Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Linwood, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Has Bio?: N
URL: https://www.findagrave.com/
Marty
Is this him
Francesco Giunta
in the U.S., Find A Grave Index
Name: Francesco Giunta
Birth Date: 1876
Death Date: 1955
Cemetery: Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Linwood, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Has Bio?: N
URL: https://www.findagrave.com/
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Wife's name on headstone is Giuseppa 1877-1966
Pennsylvania death certificate for above:
Informant: Lucian Giunta, son?
Parents: Luciano Giunta & Ida Russo
Pennsylvania death certificate for above:
Informant: Lucian Giunta, son?
Parents: Luciano Giunta & Ida Russo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Giuseppa Giunta's 1966 Pennsylvania death certificate
Can anyone determine her correct maiden name--Father Joseph Mancrchia??
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/51 ... PUBJs=true
Biff
Can anyone determine her correct maiden name--Father Joseph Mancrchia??
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/51 ... PUBJs=true
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
I might be going down a rabbit hole but here goes.
Chiacio, my apologies if I've gotten the wrong family
The above folks in the 1930 census. Note son Luciano born in Italy. Wife/Mother Josephine arrival 1911.
Chiacio, my apologies if I've gotten the wrong family
The above folks in the 1930 census. Note son Luciano born in Italy. Wife/Mother Josephine arrival 1911.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Giuseppa Manerchia Giunta and son Luciano's 1911 Philadelphia manifest
Last residence and place of birth Castrogiovanni (originally part of province of Caltanisetta; today known as the town of Enna, province of Enna); leaves father Giovanni in Castrogiovanni
Joining husband/father Paolo Giunta in Philadelphia, lines 4 and 5, 2 page manifest
Last residence and place of birth Castrogiovanni (originally part of province of Caltanisetta; today known as the town of Enna, province of Enna); leaves father Giovanni in Castrogiovanni
Joining husband/father Paolo Giunta in Philadelphia, lines 4 and 5, 2 page manifest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
1909 New York manifest for Francesco PAOLO Giunta, line 25
Last residence and place of birth Castrogiovanni
Leaves wife Giuseppa in Italy
Destination Philadelphia to join brother in law Nicola Manerchia
Last residence and place of birth Castrogiovanni
Leaves wife Giuseppa in Italy
Destination Philadelphia to join brother in law Nicola Manerchia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Oh my God, I am in total shock over the information that you've provided me on my Great Grandfather Francesco Paolo Giunta! Yes, this is Him. His wife, my Great-Grandmother was Guiseppa 'Manerchia' Giunta who I was told was born in Capizzi, Sicily. I had given-up on having success locating any of their earlier (Sicilian) connections, to either Franceso or Giuseppa, or hope of learning of their Parents there. My Grandfather, their 2nd Son John Junto told me before his death the names of the town's that they were from and did mention Francesco being from Caltanassetta, now called Enna. I spent more hour's (well over 80) than I can remember over the years searching Marriage Licenses from Caltanasetta, without success trying to locate them.
I cannot thank you enough for the invaluable information that you've (Biff88 & Adelfio) provided to my Family once again. You cannot imagine how much this information means to me and the future generations of our Family, to know with assurance of our ancestors origins. I've searched online since 2000-2001 without success for documents regarding my Great-Grandparents, painstakenly, many hundred's of hours.
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude, and that of my extended Giunta-Manerchia Family and be assured of our Prayers of Graditude for all the effort spent in revealing this history to us...
I cannot thank you enough for the invaluable information that you've (Biff88 & Adelfio) provided to my Family once again. You cannot imagine how much this information means to me and the future generations of our Family, to know with assurance of our ancestors origins. I've searched online since 2000-2001 without success for documents regarding my Great-Grandparents, painstakenly, many hundred's of hours.
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude, and that of my extended Giunta-Manerchia Family and be assured of our Prayers of Graditude for all the effort spent in revealing this history to us...
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
I made a mistake on Giuseppa Manerchia's manifest when I listed both her last residence and place of birth as Castrogiovanni; if you check the second page of the manifest, it shows her birthplace as Capizzi.
Biff
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Thank you very-much Biff83,
I have taken note, and appreciate the correction.
You're priceless..!
I have taken note, and appreciate the correction.
You're priceless..!
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Can someone suggest where I might begin to search for the potential sibling's of these Great Grandparents where they were raised in Sicily, Castrogiovanni & Capizzi? Their 5 children never had any information on their lives previous to their arrival here in the U.S., and consequently the 3 generations since still have no knowledge of their years in Sicily.
In the 18-19 years that I've been trying to research them, I never found the valuable info that was provided by the Master Genealogist's here. I'm more than willing to put in the time, unfortunately I don't know where to begin.
Thanks in advance...
In the 18-19 years that I've been trying to research them, I never found the valuable info that was provided by the Master Genealogist's here. I'm more than willing to put in the time, unfortunately I don't know where to begin.
Thanks in advance...
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
The Castrogiovanni records are available only at a Family History Center or Affiliate library.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Some Capizzi records are also online but only for before 1865 and also can only be viewed at a FHC or Affiliate library
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1935770
Capizzi records for some years available online at the Antenati site
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Capizzi/
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Capizzi/
Biff
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Some Capizzi records are also online but only for before 1865 and also can only be viewed at a FHC or Affiliate library
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1935770
Capizzi records for some years available online at the Antenati site
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Capizzi/
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Capizzi/
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
The Castrogiovanni records are available only at a Family History Center or Affiliate library.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Some Capizzi records are also online but only for before 1865 and also can only be viewed at a FHC or Affiliate library
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1935770
Capizzi records for some years available online at the Antenati site
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Capizzi/
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Capizzi/
Biff
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
Some Capizzi records are also online but only for before 1865 and also can only be viewed at a FHC or Affiliate library
https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... %3D1935770
Capizzi records for some years available online at the Antenati site
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... e/Capizzi/
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... o/Capizzi/
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
Loving_Life_2
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Feb 2018, 00:30
- Location: Upper Chichester, PA
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Hello Biff83,
Thanks again for all of your help, I can't thank you enough...
Thanks again for all of your help, I can't thank you enough...
Re: Giunta surname from Caltanassetta, Sicilia
Hello Biff83,
Back on February 28th of this year you posted my Great-Grandmother's death certificate. The informant on the document was my Grandfather's brother, the son of Giuseppa/Josephine. Unfortunately he wrote the names Luciano & Ida Russo as the parent's of his mother, but most-likely because he was unaware of their true names. Giuseppa's ship record has her father's name recorded as Giovanni, which is widely accepted by the surviving family as well. To-date, the information that you've provided sums-up the majority of what the family currently has on these two major ancestors. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas holiday & Happy New Year...
Chiachio
Back on February 28th of this year you posted my Great-Grandmother's death certificate. The informant on the document was my Grandfather's brother, the son of Giuseppa/Josephine. Unfortunately he wrote the names Luciano & Ida Russo as the parent's of his mother, but most-likely because he was unaware of their true names. Giuseppa's ship record has her father's name recorded as Giovanni, which is widely accepted by the surviving family as well. To-date, the information that you've provided sums-up the majority of what the family currently has on these two major ancestors. Wishing you a Blessed Christmas holiday & Happy New Year...
Chiachio
