Looking for Information of Pinnola Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
italian059
Master
Master

Looking for Information of Pinnola Family

Post by italian059 »

I recently learned that my husband is related to the Pinnola Family. It looks like his great grandmother was married twice. I found a death certificate and burial information on Find a Grave of an Angelo Pinnola. There are conflicting birth dates on these records. They both say he was born in Palermo. Not sure how to find an actual birth record although I did do some research but came up with nothing. I am attaching both records. Can anyone locate his actual birth record from Sicily? I am at a loss. Getting closer to finding the origin of his great grandparents. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie,
M
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Information of Pinnola Family

Post by Biff83 »

WWII Draft Reg Card

Mezlominso? Possible Mezzojuso?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Angelo Pinnola Mezzojuso 20 Feb 1887 birth act

Presented in the town hall on the 20th by father Salvatore, 29, a farmer, who stated that on the 19th of February from his wife Francesca Ferina was born a male child he named Angelo.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639

Biff
italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

How did you find this? Thanks so much, but now I could use your help translating this record please. Thanks again.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Guessing the town was Mezzojuso, I checked if Familysearch had any records online which they did. Basic extraction is what I posted above. I checked for Salvatore and Francesca's marriage information but did not find it although marriages as well as all vital records for 1883 in Mezzojuso are missing.

Biff
italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

Thanks again but can you please translate the birth record. Would really appreciate it.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Biff83 wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 18:48 Angelo Pinnola Mezzojuso 20 Feb 1887 birth act

Presented in the town hall on the 20th by father Salvatore, 29, a farmer, who stated that on the 19th of February from his wife Francesca Ferina was born a male child he named Angelo.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639

Biff
Biff :-) gave you a translation. What other information are you looking for from this record?

T.
italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

Thanks Tessa and so sorry Biff. I was looking on my phone and it is so hard to read. Missed it entirely. Was in a big rush. Really appreciate both of your help.
italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

I have one more question. I have been trying to find out where Frances Farina's family came from for many years. I didn't know she was married to a Pinnola. I would imagine Salvador Pinnola died not long after Angelo was born. Frances remarried Francesco Oddo in Sicily and then migrated to Louisiana. Their first child was born around 1890-1891 in Louisiana. I looked through the records from Mezzojuso where Angelo was born to see if I could find a marriage between Francesca Farina and Francesco Oddo. Not sure if I missed anything. Very hard to read through all those records. Can anyone check to see if there is any record like that.
Really appreciate everyone's help.
M
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

I could not find a death act for Salvatore Pinnola in that time frame nor a marriage of Francesca to Francesco Oddo. Note her name on Angelo's birth act is Ferina not Farina.
Did Angelo Pinnola come with his mother Francesca and stepfather to the US to also live in New Orleans?

Biff
italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

Thanks so much. I doubt if that is where they were from. The earliest census I found for them was 1910. He is not listed on there. He was probably on his own by then. I found his name on one of Frank and Frances’ children’s obituary. The search continues. Thanks again for your help.