Applying for Citizenship "Jure Sanguinis" when resident in Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Italoscotgirl

Applying for Citizenship "Jure Sanguinis" when resident in Italy

Post by Italoscotgirl »

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has applied for Italian citizenship by descent through a local comune in Italy? I am considering starting the procedure but my local comune don't seem to know much about it so I would like to go in a bit prepared myself to nudge them in the right direction.

Thanks.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Applying for Citizenship "Jure Sanguinis" when resident in Italy

Post by adelfio »

What comune are you using? Dont forget to send a photo id with request.

OGGETTO: richiesta atto di nascita ai sensi dell'art. 107 del DPR 396/2000

Ai fini dell'ottenimento della cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, io sottoscritta [your name and surname], nata a [your place of birth] il [your date of birth] residente in [place of residence], richiedo cortesemente copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di mio nonno:

Cognome e nome: [surname/name]
Data di nascita: [date of birth]
Luogo di nascita: [place of birth]
Padre: [name of his father]
Madre: [name of his mother]

Data [date] Firma [sign]

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Italoscotgirl

Post by Italoscotgirl »

thanks for the reply but it's not the birth certificate I'm looking for, I've asked for that from my grandmother's comune already. I was just wondering if anyone had started the procedure in the comune in which they are or were resident?

Thanks
r21679

Post by r21679 »

Hello, I am also wondering about this option and would love to know if anyone in this forum has experience with it. The Italian embassy in Germany where I live has no appointments available for the next year. It would be great to establish residence in Italy and apply directly at a comune as I hear it's much faster.

I have so far found this information from My Italian Family, a service that offers assistance with this process. However, I am still waiting for a reply from them regarding further details:

https://www.myitalianfamily.com/resourc ... ions-italy
JamesM
Elite
Elite

Post by JamesM »

Here in Esperia, Frosinone, there is an attorney who helps people seeking citizenship.
Mostly Brazilians have used his services. He does everything from setting up an apartment to accompanying his clients to the comune.
Italoscotgirl

Post by Italoscotgirl »

r21679 wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 19:42 Hello, I am also wondering about this option and would love to know if anyone in this forum has experience with it. The Italian embassy in Germany where I live has no appointments available for the next year. It would be great to establish residence in Italy and apply directly at a comune as I hear it's much faster.

I have so far found this information from My Italian Family, a service that offers assistance with this process. However, I am still waiting for a reply from them regarding further details:

https://www.myitalianfamily.com/resourc ... ions-italy
Interesting. I'm just trying to find the exact procedure so that I can tell my local comune how it's done! So far he's sent me to the provincial prefettura and she sent me back to him so it could be a long process!
MuzioJ

Post by MuzioJ »

Here is a blog post from getitaliancitizenship of how to apply in Italy:

http://getitaliancitizenship.com/how-to ... consulate/

She also has another blog post where she lists the instructions for the Rome commune. I’ll include that photo!

I’m going to be applying in Italy while there on a student visa; so I’ve looked into everything :) I’m just awaiting the pending new interpretation of the 1912 law! Hopefully everything stays the same...
Attachments
C2AE874A-DE11-4EF2-A81A-0B240A3EF99B.jpeg
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

I replied on your other thread. Don’t wait!