1838 Positano Death (?) Record Giuseppe Cosenza

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
cealto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 May 2019, 15:41

1838 Positano Death (?) Record Giuseppe Cosenza

Post by cealto »

Hello,
I've discovered the following civil record (see link below) which I believe relates to my 3rd great-grandfather, Giuseppe Cosenza [or Cosenzo] of Positano Italy. He was a sailor in Positano, born about 1803. I'm wondering if this is a record of his death, although it was classified under records labeled "Diversi." I would be most grateful for any assistance in translating this document. Grazie!

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: 1838 Positano Death (?) Record Giuseppe Cosenza

Post by suanj »

Giuseppe di Cosenza/Cosenzo mentioned on this record was the Mayor of Cetara Commune, Salerno's province, who stated the Death of Pietro Parlati 77 old, proprietor, husband of Maria Rosa Cinque of Positano. The Death record was sent also in the Commune of Positano, for the transcription.
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cealto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 May 2019, 15:41

Re: 1838 Positano Death (?) Record Giuseppe Cosenza

Post by cealto »

Sorry for the delayed reply. I appreciate your help very much!
Post Reply