Where was Projetto placed after abandonment

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bsanocki

Where was Projetto placed after abandonment

Post by bsanocki »

I am trying to discover where my great great great great gf was living after he was abandoned in 1820. I am unable to tell if he lived in an orphanage or was cared for by a family, from the documents attached. The documents are from his marriage processing papers in 1855.

Also, wondering if it was considered demeaning for someone to marry a foundling in Italy in 1855.

Thanks for any help or insight, it's very much appreciated.

Beth Montano
Attachments
Luigi Montano Carmela Lauletta 1855 marr paperwork 4.jpg
Luigi Montano Carmela Lauletta 1855 marr paperwork 8.jpg
Luigi Montano Carmela Lauletta 1855 marr paperwork 3.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Where was Projetto placed after abandonment

Post by erudita74 »

Please post the link where you found these records.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

This is the link you should have posted

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ViewsIndex 0

Just so you know, the records you posted were the second page of Luigi's birth record, the death record of the husband of the bride, and a list of witnesses at the marriage. Those pages will not yield the info you want.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the translation work today. Hopefully another volunteer on this forum will help you now that they have access to the correct records.

Erudita
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I don't know if you already know what Luigi's birth record says; however, he was found under an oak by a woman named Angela Briglia, a 50-years-old spinner, on Aug 19th, 1820, in a place called "Finaita" (?) on the border of Viggiano. The baby wore sackcloth bandage and cap, and linen shirt. On his body there was a paper sheet saying he had not been baptized yet.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
bsanocki

Post by bsanocki »

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but I thank you for looking at these records for me. The information you gave me is basically what I already knew. Would Angela Briglia, the woman who found Luigi, have been his adopted family? Can you tell who he lived with?

Thank you.