VALENTE from Italy to Ireland

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ItalianIrish

VALENTE from Italy to Ireland

Post by ItalianIrish »

Could anybody tell me how I find ships passengers lists from Italy to Ireland from 1880 to 1887. My Family came from Picinesco, Villa Latina area. Thank you.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: VALENTE from Italy to Ireland

Post by suanj »

Hi: there are not ship's list of italians emigrated in UK or Ireland, because, in most part, they were little ships leaving from north French's ports, and able for short travels...
so there are not lists..
the italian emigrants in UK or Ireland, the first time left from north of italy and later form France, and so the travel in the sea..
and many italians already in UK, they left to Ireland, so in total, are many little travels, because the italian immigration to UK or Ireland was not as the italian immigration to USA or to south America ... long travels..... What do you need about your ancestors? Please let me know... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ItalianIrish

Post by ItalianIrish »

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to find out when my Great Grandfather came to Belfast, Ireland. His Name was Dominico and he may have had a brother, Luigi who came with him. He was born 31st January 1852. He was married to Teresa Capitano in Belfast, 11,February 1887. I think they may have already been married in Italy before they came to Ireland as their first son was born 6 months after they were married in Belfast.
Thank you,
Michael
TinaB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TinaB »

Dear Michael

[align=justify]I have not been able to obtain passenger records either. I gave Martin an address that I hope would be able to help us. I contacted the GRONI also and they confirmed there was no need to remarry if married in a different country. Martin has my email if you would like to exchange note :D s. Tina[/align]
watergirl73

Post by watergirl73 »

hey,,,, Valente is my last name.....