surname MARCHIORI, MATTIAZZO, BENETTON

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aviphighlanddancer

surname MARCHIORI, MATTIAZZO, BENETTON

Post by aviphighlanddancer »

HELLO, I AM LOOKING FOR INFO ABOUT MY GRANDFATHER. HIS NAME WAS ANDREA MARCHIORI, BORN IN 1884 IN CASTLEFRANCO. I AM NOT SURE WHEN HE IMMIGRATED TO CANADA. HE WAS HERE BEFORE 1926. HE HAD TWO BROTHERS LUIGI, ANTONIO AND A SISTER ELIZABETH. I AM STUCK. ANY INFO OR HELP? ALSO MY GRANDMOTHER DISAPPEARED IN CANADA SO NOT TOO MUCH INFO ON HER. SHE WAS ALSO MARRIED THREE TIMES SO HERE GOES. SHE WAS BORN BENETTON (AMELIA) SHE MARRIED A MATTIAZZO (HE DIED IN THE FIRST WORLD WAR, SHE HAD TWO DAUGHTERS IN ITALY, MARY MATTIAZZO AND LOUISE (NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE ITALIAN NAME) MATTIAZZO. ANY INFO ON THEM? THANKS.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

For starters go to www.archives.ca/02/020202/0202020401-e.html for all entries into Canada for whomever you are researching.

Since you know your grandfathers place of origin and that of his family just what are you looking for???

Just what are you looking for with the Mattiazzo branch of the family as well???

If, perhaps you want to find relatives in Castelfranco do you wish a directory of persons with the same surnames and what surnames are there in castelfranco besides Marchiori?

Finally I would suggest, since your going to do the research and I am merely going to direct you to appropriate websites and addresses, that you come up with a research objective worthy of your efforts and planned out for yourself.....it's your family. Peter NYC
aviphighlanddancer

thank you peter for your help. how do I obtain a birth record therefore for my grandfather in Castelfranco as I require it for my niece to get Italian citizenship.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

thgere are 5 Castelfranco in Italy....di sopra, di sotto, emilia,in miscano and veneto.....all are part of the name and in different provinces or regions. Please advise which is correct. Peter
aviphighlanddancer

sorry, have no idea. only info I have was that he was born in 1882 in castelfranco, veneto, treviso, italy. that was the info i was given. this is off of his work record. haven't found him on the immigration site as he worked in canda in1922 so therefore the immigrate site won't show me anything, have to wait 'till i can get on the microfische.

thanks once again
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

DXon't ypur read??? You have it. It is Castelfranco Veneto. Write in Itralian ( go to ww.italianancestry.comn in part 3 for form letters) and send request with sel;f addressed envelope and some postal cupons $5.00 to Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Castelfranco Veneto, Postale 31033, Provincia Treviso, Veneto region, Italy. Peter
aviphighlanddancer

sorrrrryyyy, realized after i replied that you had listed veneto. thanks for the help.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am here. Peter
aviphighlanddancer

peter, not sure what you mean by postal coupons, can you explain.

thanks.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

International postal cupons which you can purchase at the post office. Ask them about it. It serves in place of checks or moeny ordrs which they can't cash and don't weant this is the best alterfnative. Peter
aviphighlanddancer

thank you so much for your help. any ideas on how to find out about my grandmother. know when she died here in canada and that she was married in italy and had 2 children before coming to canada. can't seem to find any info on my sites that i have checked
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

do you have her entry record into Canada? Was she a sociasl security recipient in Canada and can you ask for her originsal rrecords as to date and place of birth in either area? Did you consider requesting her marriage record which might also give you vital data? Peter
aviphighlanddancer

thanks for the idea, her marriage certificate is listed in the bc archives web so i can write and ask for the certicate which might give some more info on her. i do not know anything else about her, but will start there.
thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Try Canada Social Security as well. Peter
aviphighlanddancer

Peter, found out some info on my grandmother finally. Believe Amelia Benetton was born in 1893 in Ponzano(or Ponsano), Veneto, Treviso, Italy. Where do I go from here? Can you help? do you mind?