Best Italian learning tool

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Teflon

Best Italian learning tool

Post by Teflon »

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any material which can be of help in learning Italian.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Best Italian learning tool

Post by JohnArmellino »

The Pimsleur Italian CDs are very good. They have three levels, each consisting of 30 one-half hour lessons. As it is an immersion system of learning, readings are not necessary; however, the series does come with some written material. Italian with Michel Thomas is also highly rated - it consists of 8 one-hour CDs and is also an immersion system. I prefer the Pimsleur system, but the Michel Thomas series costs far less. There is also an online Italian class called BeginIt that can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beginit/. I believe there are five levels of classes, from Beginners to Advanced+. You can subscribe at subscribe@yahoogroups.com. A Beginner's Class started on January 3, 2006, but I think they are still on the first lesson and it should be easy to catch up. A combination of an immersion system and the BeginIt beginner's class would be a great start to learning Italian.
John Armellino
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

I just got the Pimsleur CD system, but haven't begun yet.

I would love to go to a non tourist area of Italy and live for 3 months. I bet you would really learn some Italian! One can dream.
Teflon

Post by Teflon »

Thank you. I ask this because there are barely any Italian instructors where I live, and the ones that are here charge crazy prices. Thanks for your help.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

An interesting site, Italian language with audio............
http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/modla ... geone.html
wldspirit
tbottegal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tbottegal »

I have tried many systems. The two that have been the most valuable are Pimsleur and Rosetta Stone.
BethW
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BethW »

I'm about halfway through part II of Pimsleur Italian and love it. Each lesson is 30 minutes and it gives me something to do on my commute. It is outrageously expensive if you buy it. However, there are a couple of alternatives. Many public libraries carry it. You can also rent it through www.recordedbooks.com for about $15/segment plus shipping. Both RecordedBooks and libraries divide each level in half so you get either 14 or 16 lessons in a segment.
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

if anyone has soulseek i have all the pimsleur and some other italian teaching courses you can download from me for free!!!!!
smallgreenguy

Post by smallgreenguy »

Check your Pm's pepino =)
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

just checked them and responded...a few peopel have messages me so i hope you guys read your messages
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

wldspirit wrote:An interesting site, Italian language with audio............
http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/modla ... geone.html
wldspirit
Hi lisa, is a wonderful site! are also viceversa(italian/english)? Thanks, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The site offered many courses........but I only bookmarked the Italian lessons...... :oops: .....now I do not remember how I got to the lessons..........not to worry.......I will try to find!!!
many hugs.....
DeLisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hi Lisa, don't worry, I have 3 courses in my house, of various english level.. but I never open it.. never.. so don't worry you, thanks, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brummy

Post by brummy »

Teflon
Go to Google, Type in, "learn to speak Italian Fast"
Click on "Unforgettable Languages" It is the one on the top.....It is fast and I am so thrilled.
Campone, Palombo, Fortuna, Colamatteo
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Google Toolbar has an option called WordTranslator, which will translate words on a web page into Italian when your cursor hovers over the word. [You have a choice of Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, or Spanish.] It's a great tool to expand one's vocabulary. However, there are privacy implications, so read the Google Toolbar Privacy Notice before enabling this tool.
John Armellino