Hello,
I am looking for any information about my great-great-great-grandfather ANTONIO POLARI in Italy (I am in need of a lot of help on that).
When ANTONIO POLARI arrived in Brazil, he settled in Joao Pessoa, capital of the State of Paraiba (PB).
He left Italy before the wave of immigration. I believe that took place around 1830, since his name was mentioned in newspapers of 1837, regarding the struggle for the freedom of slaves.
He was publicly known at the time and practically built the city.
ANTONIO lived with Alexandrina Cezar de Melo (no marriage record was found) and had 14 children, his first child being born in 1846, one of them my great-great-grandfather Adelino Cezar Polari, in 1857.
ANTONIO disappeared in a boat, coming from the city of Recife, on Aug/19/1884. The mass in memory of his death was held on Aug/25/1884. This was published as news in the newspapers of the time.
An inquiry was opened to investigate his disappearance on Sep/1/1884, relating it to suicide or murder. The inquiry was probably filed without conclusion.
My family says the Polari would have come from the Milan area, but I cannot find any more information. It is true that in the alluded region concentrates the grater number of people with this surname.
Here in Brazil I could not discover anything else relevant so far, even though he was an illustrious person at the time.
I am glad for all help I can get. Thanks in advance.
Daniela Polari
INFORMATION ABOUT ANTONIO POLARI
Re: INFORMATION ABOUT ANTONIO POLARI
Name: Maria Polari
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 4 abr 1856 (4 Apr 1856)
Birth Place: Nossa Senhora Das Neves, Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil
Baptism Date: 5 ago 1856 (5 Aug 1856)
Baptism Place: Nossa Senhora das Neves, João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Father: Antonio Polari
Mother: Alexandrina Cezar De Mello
FHL Film Number: 1285492
Reference ID: 2:1HBTBND
Marty
Gender: Female
Birth Date: 4 abr 1856 (4 Apr 1856)
Birth Place: Nossa Senhora Das Neves, Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil
Baptism Date: 5 ago 1856 (5 Aug 1856)
Baptism Place: Nossa Senhora das Neves, João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Father: Antonio Polari
Mother: Alexandrina Cezar De Mello
FHL Film Number: 1285492
Reference ID: 2:1HBTBND
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Daniela Polari
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 05 May 2018, 01:00
Re: INFORMATION ABOUT ANTONIO POLARI
Thank you sooo much Marty, but I alredy found all his children (Antonio Dagoberto, Anna, Antonio, Estolano, Joana, Silvio, Chilidonia, Idalina, Maria, Adelino (my great-great-grand father), Anizio, Agapito, Manoel and Rosa).
I couldn't find any information about him in Italy, specially place of birth.
I'm totally lost.
There's not exist much archives available on line from Milan..
Help me, please.
:C
Daniela
I couldn't find any information about him in Italy, specially place of birth.
I'm totally lost.
There's not exist much archives available on line from Milan..
Help me, please.
:C
Daniela
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: INFORMATION ABOUT ANTONIO POLARI
There is a post on my website about finding the town of origin that might help.
Civil records didn't begin until 1866 so you will need parish records for this search and a researcher who knows where they are kept.
Civil records didn't begin until 1866 so you will need parish records for this search and a researcher who knows where they are kept.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
Daniela Polari
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 05 May 2018, 01:00
Re: INFORMATION ABOUT ANTONIO POLARI
Thank you so much!