Date/Place of Birth Information - Ciro Dileo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Palazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Date/Place of Birth Information - Ciro Dileo

Post by Palazzo »

Hello Community,

I am researching my Great Grandfather Ciro Dileo. I would like to find information on his date and place of birth.

Below is the only information I have on Ciro Dileo.

Father's Name: Antonio Dileo
Mother's Name: Giuseppa Giambrone
Wife's given Name: Anna Basta
Date of Marriage: Unknown
Place of Marriage: Maybe - Palazzo Adriano, Palermo, Sicilia, Italy
Date of Death: March 8, 1902
Place of Death: Palazzo Adriano, Palermo, Sicilia, Italy
Age at Death: 76

Thanking you in advance for your help and time.
Sincerely,
Palazzo
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Date/Place of Birth Information - Ciro Dileo

Post by Tessa78 »

Ciro may have been a bit older than what was reported at his death.

On this birth act for his son Antonio in 1866, he is identified as age 50.
Anna Basta is age 46.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639

T.
Palazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palazzo »

Thank you for this information.

I have hit a break wall researching my great grandparents Ciro Dileo and Anna Basta. Could you please recommend a source that I could research or provide an address of the place where the records can be found that I could write to in Palermo?

I have been in communication with Palazzo Adriano and they did reply back that they could not find any information on my grandparents birth. They were only able to provide death information for both. In addition, I would like to find marriage information for my grandparents.

any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
P.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Tessa78 wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 05:01 On this birth act for his son Antonio in 1869, he is identified as age 50.
Anna Basta is age 46.
T.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1834 Mar 19th birth record in the town of Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo born Anna Basta daughter of Natale Basta and Antonina Cuttonaro

PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 8.jpg.html

1826 in the town of Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo Ciro Di Leo son of Antonio Di Leo and Giuseppa Giambrone

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#17
Promise to married in 1853 Sept 8th Ciro Di Leo age 27 farmer born in Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo son of Antonio Di Leo age 60 and Giuseppa Giambrone age 46 to marry Anna Basta age 19 born in the town of Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo daughter of Natale Basta age 47 and deceased Antonina Cuttonaro

PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of 1826 June 15th Ciro Di Leo born in Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo son of Giovanni Antonio Di Leo age 32 and Giuseppa Giambrone age 18

PG LINK

Birth record 1834 Mar 19th of Anna Basta born in the town of Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo daughter of Natale Basta age 25 and Antonina Cuttonaro age 21

PG LINK

From the marriage processiti 1853

Marty

Marty
Palazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palazzo »

Marty,

Thank you very much for taking the time to help find birth and marriage information on my great grandparents Ciro Dileo and Anna Basta. I have been searching for over three years mayber longer and to no avail until your assistance.

I am curious, how were you able to find this information so quickly? Are these websites something that I could easily access and search on my own? I have other family from Palazzo Adriano/Palermo, that I would like to research and gather information from the 1800's to 1869.

Once again, I would like to thank you.
Warm Regards,
P. aka Janet
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are welcome
I use family search and ancestry and antenati town of Palazzo Adriano province of Palermo
all of them give me the info
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/It ... gistration

Marty

Marty
Palazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Palazzo »

Hello Marty,
Thank you for the link. I clicked on the above link to family research, but I have never seen this page before. Can you please provide instructions how to search for Ciro Dileo's birth date on this website.

Your help will be very very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Palazzo
KathyLPV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KathyLPV »

Greetings, just hunting mia famiglia. These folks are SuPeR! They found my bisnonna e bisnonno data & gave me links to both marriage & baptism - got it all in one day! They also traced my husband's nonno, with a link to his birth record. Amazing folks here.

I'm writing because I am searching a Di Leo. One of my relatives, Emily, married a Frank Di Leo, back in the 1920-30s in NYC. I have a photo of them & their daughter. Any similarities to your family data?

Surnames, Lo PINTO, FICANO. MAGGIORE; GRASSI, PACILEO, VERDOLINI.
ITA: Palermo Bagheria MAGGIORE, FICANO, Lo PINTO; Otranto Napoli GRASSI, SERGIO, PACILEO, VERDOLINI [VERDOLVIA]; Prato VIGNOLINI, BINI; Pessaro PALAZZI; ACQUISTA, ARCANGELO; IRE BEATTIE; PRUSIA SCHULSKY; HOFF, MAMMELSDORF; NIX, GIESEN; HAUSER, ACKERMAN
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What is Emily maiden name Tenaglia
What part of NY

Marty

Marty