Getting documents from Argentina

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Getting documents from Argentina

Post by argentuban »

Anyone else have experience with this? I’m using an attorney there and the state of San Juan is sitting on the last two documents I need. It’s got me worried that I won’t get them.
ItalianTranslator
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Getting documents from Argentina

Post by ItalianTranslator »

Was the lawyer able to locate the records? The Registro Civil should issue them in a week, at most.
Unless they have to search for them manually... (if names/dates/places are wrong).

Did you provide an Argentinian ID of he persons whose records you are trying to locate/request? Like a CI (cédula de identidad) or a LC (libreta civica) or LE (libreta de enrolamiento). This should speed up things considerably.

Paola
🇺🇸🇬🇧🇮🇹 ATA and CIOL translator, providing certified translations for applicants in the US and UK. Listed in Los Angeles and London consulates.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

We have copies of the documents in question. I think the issue is finding where they are. I will ask these questions to the lawyer. Thanks.
ItalianTranslator
Rookie
Rookie

I have a guy in Argentina who I think could get you the record. Incidentally, he is from San Juan but he is not a lawyer. Contact me by PM or other direct method if you are interested. I don't check this forum often enough.

Paola
🇺🇸🇬🇧🇮🇹 ATA and CIOL translator, providing certified translations for applicants in the US and UK. Listed in Los Angeles and London consulates.
CARLOSALBARDIAZ

Post by CARLOSALBARDIAZ »

argentuban wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 17:37 We have copies of the documents in question. I think the issue is finding where they are. I will ask these questions to the lawyer. Thanks.
Hello
I am a genealogist; I can get you any documents you need from San Juan (Argentina) quickly and cost-effectively. Please let me know how can I help. My email is carlos at albardiaz dot com.
Regards
Carlos
missemilyanne

Post by missemilyanne »

I am looking for my grandmother's birth certificate. Her name is Teresa Massetti and she was born in Argentina, probably Buenos Aires, 28 May 1898. Her parents were Italian immigrants who arrived in Argentina 22 November 1897. Their names were Eugenio and Caterina Massetti. I have found their arrival information on the CEMLA site. The family stayed in Argentina until around 1901 or 1902 when they returned to Italy. I do not know where in Argentina specifically she was born, but she was married twice and both her marriage certificates state that she was born in Argentina ("Argentine Republic" and "Buenos Aires, South America").
Is this the type of documentation you can find?
Thanks, Emily
CARLOSALBARDIAZ

argentuban wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 21:27 Anyone else have experience with this? I’m using an attorney there and the state of San Juan is sitting on the last two documents I need. It’s got me worried that I won’t get them.
I have recently obtained about 60 documents from San Juan for a 1948 lawsuit involving 16 people from there. The Registro Civil in San Juan is very well organized and it is working (by appointment) despite the lockdown. If you send me DN with an an image of the document I can send somebody find out at no cost to you if there is any problem with it. If there is any special research that needs to be done, my mother who is in the San Juan genealogy center is available for whatever is required.

Carlos
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

Sorry for being so late to respond, and hope you are safe. We found the record. Issue was he didn't get his birth registered until they needed to, and that wasn't until he was 19.
ItalianTranslator
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you for your update!
CARLOSALBARDIAZ

argentuban wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 23:58 Sorry for being so late to respond, and hope you are safe. We found the record. Issue was he didn't get his birth registered until they needed to, and that wasn't until he was 19.
I am glad things worked out.