Help Deciphering Word in Marriage Publication

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
maritalia
Rookie
Rookie

Help Deciphering Word in Marriage Publication

Post by maritalia »

Hello. I've translated the below marriage publication, though I'm having trouble with the word in the following sentence: "2. Giovanna Cutrona, 70 years old, housewife, resident in Vizzini, paternal grandmother and [trice?] of Giovanna..." I can't decipher what the few letters before trice are. I'm also wondering why her grandmother is representing her instead of her mother, as it states her mother was also living in the same town. Any thoughts?

Link: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483039
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Help Deciphering Word in Marriage Publication

Post by mmogno »

maritalia wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 20:33 Hello. I've translated the below marriage publication, though I'm having trouble with the word in the following sentence: "2. Giovanna Cutrona, 70 years old, housewife, resident in Vizzini, paternal grandmother and [tutrice = guardian] of Asta Giovanna Domenica" I can't decipher what the few letters before trice are. I'm also wondering why her grandmother is representing her instead of her mother, as it states her mother was also living in the same town. Any thoughts?

Link: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1483039
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
maritalia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maritalia »

Thank you! Do you have any idea on why her grandmother is her guardian opposed to her mother? Anything that would cause that?
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Perhaps the father had decided so in his will
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱