HELP ME!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
pierolangone
Rookie
Rookie

Re: HELP ME!

Post by pierolangone »

can you find any other son of Louis Langone sr, since he is the only living child of Carmine Langone? and the only one who could remember something about Carmine Langone?
pierolangone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pierolangone »

MTLang1 wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 23:56 Carmine Langone is my husband’s grandfather who died when his youngest son Louis was 2 years old. Anna Palmentieri was his 3rd wife. We were told his 1st 2 wives died.
We do not know any other information but the obituary has the names of all his children.
so your husband's father is Louis Langone, the son of Carmine Langone? I'm sorry but I had not read your answer. if so, does your father-in-law remember something about Father Carmine? do you remember your date of birth and from which part of Italy it came?
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Carmine Langone 31 Jul 1874 Olevano sul Tusciano birth act. Father Carmine, mother Maria Mazza.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

From the New York Death Index. This might be a child of Carmine and his first wife Anna Capone(a)

Name Mary Langone
Event Type Death
Event Date 18 Feb 1905
Event Place New York City, Queens, New York, United States
Residence Place New York City, New York
Gender Female
Age 0
Marital Status Unknown
Race White
Birth Year (Estimated) 1905
Birthplace LI City
Burial Date 19 Feb 1905
Cemetery St Michaels Cemetery
Father's Name Carmine Langone
Father's Birthplace Italy
Mother's Name Annie Capone this is a surname present in Olevano sul Tusciano
Mother's Birthplace Italy

Death act of possible first wife Anna

New York, New York City Municipal Deaths, 1795-1949
Anna Langone
birth: 1873 Italy
death: 16 November 1910 New York City, Queens, New York, United States
burial: 19 November 1910
resiidence: Long Island City
father: Angelo Capona(e)
mother: Camelia Pastorina

Biff
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

1887 marriage record for Anna Capone to Luigi Farelli

New York, New York City Marriage Records, 1829-1940
name: Anna Capone
birth: 1871 Olevano (Salermo), Italy
marriage: 3 November 1887 Manhattan, New York, New York, United States
father: Angelo Capone
mother: Carmela Patrizi
spouse: Luigi Farelli
other: Guiseppe Farelli, Caterina Marmo

Anna likely was a widow when she married Carmine; this would explain the mention of the other children Antony Farrell (Farelli) and others to whom he was their stepfather.

1931 obituary for Carmine previously posted by suanj.
http://fultonhistory.com/highlighter/hi ... Page=false
pierolangone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pierolangone »

this is the photo of the tombstone of Carmine Langone and his wife Anna, buried at the cemetery St. Michael of Astoria. the year of birth of Carmine coincides, unfortunately there is no complete date. can you find the marriage act between Carmine and Anna?
Attachments
received_264961410886762.jpeg
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

pierolangone,

I am away from home visiting relatives and will see if I can find anything when I return near the end of the month. With this Anna's year of birth as 1892, it must be his third wife, not Crescenza Mastriano or Anna Capone Farelli.

Biff
pierolangone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pierolangone »

Salve,
dopo un pò di tempo riprendo questa discussione. dopo l'ultima volta che ci siamo sentiti, ho trovato la mia famiglia negli Stati Uniti. ho trovato molti di loro e mi sono incontrato con alcuni in occasione del mio viaggio di nozze a New York.
ora però le mie ricerche sono riprese e sostanzialmente su una persona e cioè ISIDORO LANGONE.
Ho trovato un documento di immigrazione in cui viene confermato il fatto che ISIDORO, precisamente il 15 mag 1894, è emigrato in America con sua madre Maria Mazza e suo fratello Giovanni Langone (il mio trisavolo). nel documento tutto questo è riportato nelle ultime tre righe ma non riesco a caricare la foto qui.

poi ho fatto una ricerca sul sito antenati.it, nella sezione dedicata al comune di Olevano sul Tusciano, e ho scoperto che ISIDORO è nato nel 1877 e precisamente il 27/03.

qualcuno riesce a trovare qualche altra informazione su di lui?