Help with translation of #18 birth record 1891 of Pietro Constantine Clerico

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Help with translation of #18 birth record 1891 of Pietro Constantine Clerico

Post by jrbak »

Hello,
My great grandfather, Luigi Negri adopted this child, Pietro Constantine Clerico and I found his birth certificate and would appreciate some help with the translation. He is from Lugnacco, Italy. I believe Pietro Clerico (age 63) presented him to the official, he is a contadino residing in Lugnacco. What time was she born? I could not read the words after casa posta in? He was born to Catterina Clerico, does this say- my daughter, says never married (nubile). Do we know if Catterina's father is Pietro (age 63)? So Constantine would have been named after the mother- correct? Witnesses Felice (D)(B)uhayne, age ?, contadinao and Pietro Cassetto or Capsetto of Dominico.

https://www.familysearch.org/records/im ... eView=true

Thank you for your help with the translation,
Jefferie (jrbak)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation of #18 birth record 1891 of Pietro Constantine Clerico

Post by Tessa78 »

After casa posta in it states "canton Eansa?" - a canton is a district or area of the town.

The child was born to Catterina Clerio, the daughter (sua figlia) of Pietro Clerico who presented the child.
Catterina was unmarried.

Birth on 15 November at 5:04 PM.

The witnesses are usually of no relation and just happen to be at the town office at the time the birth was declared and recorded. They are Felice Duhayne, 31, farmer; and Pietro Cassetto, 50, of deceased Domenico, town messenger.

T.
jrbak
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with translation of #18 birth record 1891 of Pietro Constantine Clerico

Post by jrbak »

Dear Tessa,
It is nice to have your help again; I thank you so much for the information.
Best Regards,
Jefferie (jrbak)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help!

T.