Location of Town?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
JoediTony

Location of Town?

Post by JoediTony »

lacolla.PNG
On the second to the last entry on the lift it says right after listing the parents "Terre Vite", would that mean they'd be from the town of Vita?

Oh Yeah I don't know how to insert an image here so I just put it as an attachment I don't know if that correct or not.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Location of Town?

Post by erudita74 »

Is this record from Sicily? There is a town called Vita in Trapani Province in Sicily. I see they were from there but living in this town and parish (i.e., the town where this record is from, and the parish where this marriage took place-Calatafimi???. I believe that's what it says in this record). By today's standards, the distance between these two towns is only abt 5.4 miles.

Erudita
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

A link to this record, please...
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=730834

Registri ecclesiastici di Calatafimi (Trapani), 1619-1910
Author: Chiesa cattolica. San Giuliano Martire (Calatafimi, Trapani)

G

I just located the record and have the town name correct. It's on the left page.

Erudita
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

@erudita74
Capisco così ...
Lo sposo, Filippo La Colla figlio del fu Stefano e di Caterina Marascia, veniva dal paese di Vita, ma attualmente abitava a Calatafimi nella parrocchia di San Giuliano Martire. La sposa invece, Rosa Gruppuso figlia del fu Leonardo e di Rosa Pretiis e vedova di Francesco Cangemi, era della città e della parrocchia.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

mmogno wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 15:44 @erudita74
Capisco così ...
Lo sposo, Filippo La Colla figlio del fu Stefano e di Caterina Marascia, veniva dal paese di Vita, ma attualmente abitava a Calatafimi nella parrocchia di San Giuliano Martire. La sposa invece, Rosa Gruppuso figlia del fu Leonardo e di Rosa Pretiis e vedova di Francesco Cangemi, era della città e della parrocchia.
@mmogno

Si, anche questa e la mia comprensione. The groom was from Vita but living in Calatafimi and in the parish of S. Juliano, Martyr. The bride and her parents were from Calatafimi and from this parish.

Erudita