Transcription: Bellini Lucia - Atti di Morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
fungos

Transcription: Bellini Lucia - Atti di Morti

Post by fungos »

I would also like a transcription from this death certificate if possible:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html

Grazie mille
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Transcription: Bellini Lucia - Atti di Morti

Post by mmogno »

The Act of Death at that link is not for Lucia Bellini
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

This is possibily the correct link here: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Angela
fungos

Post by fungos »

Yes, sorry. I had a bad copy-paste. The link Angela posted is the right one, thanks Angela.
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

Monday March 25, 1872 at municipal offices in Zimella. Followed by a very long stretch of legalese indicating the local functionary’s position and authority. Then it says

On March 18, 1872 appeared Dr. Giuseppe Inghilini, son of Matteo, deceased, age 65, medical doctor, and Angelo Cardo, son of Francesco, deceased, age 39, farmer, both acquaintances of the deceased and domiciled in this commune, who declared that at 9 a.m. today, the 25th of March in Zimella, in the house at # 1 Contrada S. Vio, Lucia Bellini died. She was a homemaker, age 52, domiciled here, wife of Angelo Coltro, born in this commune, daughter of Angelo (Bellini) deceased.

It looks like the March 18 date above is an error.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I am reading the first declarant's surname as Guglielmi, not Inghilini.
It is much clearer at his signature on the next page.

T.
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

Tessa78 wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 15:54 I am reading the first declarant's surname as Guglielmi, not Inghilini.
It is much clearer at his signature on the next page.

T.
Thanks. I agree. Good catch.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
fungos

Post by fungos »

Thanks everyone, this was super useful. Isn't it a bit weird not having her mother name in certificate?
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

fungos wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 22:58 Thanks everyone, this was super useful. Isn't it a bit weird not having her mother name in certificate?
Yes, this is unusual for the deceased. Usually witnesses and other parties would have only the father listed, but in a birth, marriage, or death record both parents of the subject are usually listed. Even where the name of one of the parents (or both) is not known, it would usually say, for example, figlia di of Angelo Bellini e di madre ignota. (daughter of Angelo Bellini and unknown mother)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

bbivona wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 14:42 Monday March 25, 1872 at municipal offices in Zimella. Followed by a very long stretch of legalese indicating the local functionary’s position and authority. Then it says

On March 18, 1872 appeared Dr. Giuseppe Inghilini, son of Matteo, deceased, age 65, medical doctor, and Angelo Cardo, son of Francesco, deceased, age 39, farmer, both acquaintances of the deceased and domiciled in this commune, who declared that at 9 a.m. today, the 25th of March in Zimella, in the house at # 1 Contrada S. Vio, Lucia Bellini died. She was a homemaker, age 52, domiciled here, wife of Angelo Coltro, born in this commune, daughter of Angelo (Bellini) deceased.

She was born in comune of Orgiano.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

bbivona wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 14:42 Monday March 25, 1872 at municipal offices in Zimella. Followed by a very long stretch of legalese indicating the local functionary’s position and authority. Then it says

She was born in comune of Orgiano.

Records available for viewing at Family History Center or affiliated library.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

T.
fungos

Post by fungos »

Sadly this is restricted to look at and the only place "affiliated" that I find near my place charges $40 per hour. This is kind of a bummer.
Tessa, is there a way I can have an screenshot for this entry?

Thank you
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

fungos wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 16:47 Sadly this is restricted to look at and the only place "affiliated" that I find near my place charges $40 per hour. This is kind of a bummer.
Tessa, is there a way I can have an screenshot for this entry?

Thank you
I do not have an "entry" to share... the indication of her birthplace as Comune of Orgiano is on the second to last line of the record you posted in your inquiry...
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

T.
fungos

Post by fungos »

I see! Thanks everyone for all the help, this is really nice.