Francesco Saverio Pace

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
stumpeditaliano
Elite
Elite
Posts: 260
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:32

Francesco Saverio Pace

Post by stumpeditaliano »

Hello all,

I hope everyone is safe and doing well.

I have a question, at the bottom of the attached certificate is the name Francesco Saverio Pace, he is my 4th great grandfather.

His named is signed at the bottom of every certificate that year and other years. Why would he have witnessed all of these acts?

I'll include the link of one of the certificates:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Thank you very much for helping me with this. :)
Cousinvinny
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 01:14
Location: Chicago

Re: Francesco Saverio Pace

Post by Cousinvinny »

Often times witnesses were people who happened to be around the comune hall when births and deaths were reported. It may be that his shoemaking shop was nearby and unlike bracciali or contadini who worked in the fields all day, he was usually available. Plus it appears he also was literate and could sign his name.
stumpeditaliano
Elite
Elite
Posts: 260
Joined: 04 Sep 2018, 02:32

Re: Francesco Saverio Pace

Post by stumpeditaliano »

Oh ok Vinny, thank you for that information. I wasn’t sure if he had something to with the births themselves or not.

Thanks again for the information.
Post Reply