Giovanni Cappadona/Carmela Saccone Marriage 1899

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Giovanni Cappadona/Carmela Saccone Marriage 1899

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone:

I found a distant cousin in Argentina who is helping me fill in some blanks. I have a marriage record of Giovanni Cappadona and Carmela Saccone that took place in Oliveri, Sicily. I was able to translate most of the record, however, there is a note on the bottom which I think states he had a first wife. This is what I was able to translate:

Date: April 14, 1900, Oliveri, Messina, Sicily

Groom: Giovanni Cappadona, age 25, born in Librizzi, living in Oliveri, son of the late Carmelo and the late Vennera Matafu'.

Bride: Carmela Saccone, age 24, born in Oliveri, living in Oliveri, daughter of the late Pietro and the late Francesca Santo, living in Oliveri.

If someone can please help me with the note on the bottom. My family tree has him married to a Carmela Di Santo. Could Di Santo be his first wife?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Here is the link:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946858

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
cedrone
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Cappadona/Carmela Saccone Marriage 1899

Post by cedrone »

There is no indication of a preceding marriage of one of the spouses.
The last part of the act states that they remembered having had in the past two daughters, declared with birth acts in dates 9/10/1895 (name Vanessa) and 5/3/1898 (Francesca), and they intend to legitimize them.
You may find and see these birth acts.
If you have a marriage act of a Giovanni Cappadona with another wife, he should be another person.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Re: Giovanni Cappadona/Carmela Saccone Marriage 1899

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you very much.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA