Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by suanj »

Hi... Erman Giodo ... first names, really could be only 1 name:
Ermenegildo....

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

That is a great find Suanj......and if it is said with an Italian accent......it makes perfect sense....... :D

Hugs,
Lisa
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by suanj »

yes Lisa, i think that this is right spell .. this first name however is made from 2 names( Ermanno+Gildo) and this spell I found in Modena province... but again nothing for right ship's manifest... this Ermindo could be right for birthyear, but no for final destination and in draft registration card he is married to Maria! so we must search again.. kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by suanj »

Hi Lisa you can see on ancestry the father's name of :

1920 census
Jeldo Sabatini city, Bureau, Illinois
abt 1911

[hr]
Gildo SABATINI
Birth Date: 4 Dec 1910
Death Date: 8 Oct 1987
Social Security Number: 332-12-3974
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Illinois

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 61362
Localities: Ottoville, Bureau, Illinois
Spring Valley, Bureau, Illinois
Webster Park, Bureau, Illinois
------------------------------

so as usual in Italy that in the parents is possible the first names equal, I believe that the Jeldo's father cold be Peter or Louis....
I wish to know also with precision what town Erman Giodo lived in Bureau county ILL, you know..?
also the Ermindo Sabatini in 3 ship's manifest (coming from Lima, Piteglio)are same person, Giuliano father name, and joining at Eli/Elio brother in Charleroi PA:

1. Ermindo Sabatini Charleroi, PA 1924 31
2. Ermindo Sabatini Lima, Italy 1907 16 (in travel with Ezio brother also)
3. Ermindo Sabatini Piteglio, Italy 1923 31

-in 1923 travel this Ermindo, baker, declared that in USA already from 1907 to 1910 in BELLE VERNON, PA....
-I don't know what was in 1930 census the profession of Geno Sabatini...


-and just a my suggestion, ERMINDO could be the short version of ERMENEGILDO ...

-I know that in 1923 this Ermindo was in Charleroi, PA as the last ship's manifest, but I think that is a right suggestion this, because, always on the first name thinking, the birthplace must be near Modena or Firenze, and infact so for Piteglio( la Lima hamleth)... perhaps our GENO came from same town of this Ermindo...

now if this Ermindo cannot be the right ancestor because in NJ WWI draft registration card was also a Ermindo but married to a Maria.. ....hmmmmm

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by nuccia »

Is this what you wanted suanj?

920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Jeldo Sabatini
Name: Jeldo Sabatini
Age: 9 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1911
Birthplace: Illinois
Race: White
Home in 1920: Hall, Bureau, Illinois
Sex: Male
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 670

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5132/image1x3xk.gif

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by suanj »

nuccia wrote:Is this what you wanted suanj?

920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Jeldo Sabatini
Name: Jeldo Sabatini
Age: 9 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1911
Birthplace: Illinois
Race: White
Home in 1920: Hall, Bureau, Illinois
Sex: Male
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 670

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5132/image1x3xk.gif

Nuccia
Yes nuccia and many thanks, but the image is about Erie county of NY state.. and I no read jeldo.. but what I need is the father first name.. thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

Sorry Suanj.......had gone off to take a "power nap"..... :wink:

Will take a look at the above info and post soon........

Hugs and Kisses....
Lisa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

Image shack is a pain sometimes........ :x

But here is the 1930 census showing Geno, wife and children....

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3575/s ... 2405jz.gif

Be back soon.......

Lisa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

Here is the 1920 censu showing "Jeldo" with father, "Peter"..... :wink:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7828 ... 2406rq.jpg


Hugs,
Lisa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

I think I found the family in 1920 census.........same location.......

1920 United States Federal Census Record
about Ermenegild Sabbatini
Name: Ermenegild Sabbatini
Age: 27 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1893
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Hall, Bureau, Illinois
Sex: Male
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Year of immigration: 1902
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 591


Image shack is giving me problems.....can someone link this?????

Lisa

*note - may be a stretch, but on the 1930 census of Geno......the same Sabatini family of Egidio is living on the same street......
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by suanj »

wldspirit wrote:I think I found the family in 1920 census.........same location.......

1920 United States Federal Census Record
about Ermenegild Sabbatini
Name: Ermenegild Sabbatini
Age: 27 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1893
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Hall, Bureau, Illinois
Sex: Male
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Year of immigration: 1902
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 591


Image shack is giving me problems.....can someone link this?????

Lisa

*note - may be a stretch, but on the 1930 census of Geno......the same Sabatini family of Egidio is living on the same street......
LISA: you are great!" this could be he! thanks for this great search, you are wonderful! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

Here is the link to the Egidio Sabatini family..........

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4394/image2jr.gif

and I still think image shack is a pain..... :roll:
and I cannot get the image to appear any bigger......... :(

Lisa
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by suanj »

Lisa thanks! this really could be the right ancestor ....!!! now we must find the ship's manifest or the WWI draft registration card!!! hoping, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

I found this WW1 draft registration, but still looking........will try to link if someone else does not...........

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Record
about Ermenegildo Sabbatino
Name: Ermenegildo Sabbatino
City: Not Stated
County: Bureau
State: Illinois
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 25 Jul 1892
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1452434
DraftBoard: 2

hugs,
Lisa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Trying to find Info on ggrandpa SABATINI

Post by wldspirit »

ok......this one was much easier........ :)

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8624/cauj09ur0ve.gif

Lisa
Post Reply