OVER THE MOON IN POZZILLI THANK YOU SUANJ

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

OVER THE MOON IN POZZILLI THANK YOU SUANJ

Post by Woodworth »

OVER THE MOON IN POZZILLI FINDING MY GENTILE FAMILY, THANKS YOU SUANJ

I have just returned from visiting Pozzilli, the place where my Grandfather and Great Grand Parents were born. I visited the local church, the streets where they lived, raised there families and met with my distant cousins. None of this would have been possible if I hadn’t have met up with SUANJ.

Many of you may be aware that I have been searching for my ancestors for the past 4 years. During that that time I have posted messages on numerous forums seeking help and advice on an issue which seemed to be a lost cause.

I met up with SUANJ on ItalianGenealogy.com about two years ago, who along with other Genealogists gave me valuable advice. I think SUANJ recognized my determination to find my ancestors and without hesitation she adopted my cause.

In the initial stages she helped me to discover the facts about my ancestors in the United Kingdom going back to 1891. This wasn’t an easy task as my Grandfather Girolomo Gentile married his first wife as John Taylor in Leeds.

From a brief conversation I had with my Grandmother when I was very young, I thought she said my descendants came from a place called Piginisco outside Naples. Picinisco was suggested, but this wasn’t the case and the disappointment started to set in. It now looked as though I would never find them as I had no other information to offer to any researcher.

I was told by SUANJ not to despair, have hope and faith and somehow we would succeed. After some thought SUANJ came up with a strategy of targeting all the most likely places. This took a lot of time and effort sometimes emailing, faxing and writing letters to many places sometimes 3 or 4 times before we received a reply.

Finally Isernia replied and advised us there were people who fitted the profile of my ancestors who were born in Pozzilli. SUANJ had a friend who worked in the area and she arranged for her to collect the information. It took about a week to be posted and then emailed to me, this was the longest week of the 4 years wait. When the information came it was all as Isernia had described, there was proof information which hadn’t been provided to Isernia, also another significant factor which for me proved that these were my relations and this was indeed my grandfather. Soon after he married Anne Taylor in Leeds as John Taylor and moved back to Chester with his own community he reverted to his own name Girolomo Gentile. Whenever his name was signed or appeared on documents it was spelt Girolomo and not spelt Girolamo the usual way and here we had his birth act registered some many years after he was born with the Exact spelling

In a matter of a short while we have gone back 7 generation and I am sure we will find information that will take us back further. We are still gathering information and verifying it as we proceed, but with the contacts we have and the assistance of our new found distant relations, it should not be too difficult to map out a really accurate family,

For me this is a dream come true and I can’t thank SUANJ enough. For her it’s a great achievement and she should be complimented on the success by all the Genealogists on the wonderful site ItalianGenealogy.com

George Woodworth
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: OVER THE MOON IN POZZILLI THANK YOU SUANJ

Post by Emmy »

Hi George
This is J.D. I contacted you on the abruzzo forum. You sent me an email before you left for Pozzilli. I am so glad everything worked out for you it must be a great feeling meeting up with real live relatives after a long search. You are right when you say that the people who help on his site go well beyond the call of duty to give all the help they can. God bess them all.
Emmy(J.D.)
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Woodworth »

Hi Emmy,

Yes, Suanj has certainly pushed my search to the limits It's very difficult to find the words to thank her, but I am sure she knows how grateful I am. Its taken a lot of hard work and patience, I am sure if she can find my lost cause she can find almost anything with time. Best wishes with your research. Let me know how you get on

George
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Suanj reminds me of my own family......

she has honor.....
she has respect........
she is determined.......

and she gives of herself freely and to all who need her help.......
but like a true Italian.......she takes no disrespect from anyone!!!!!

I am proud to call her my friend............

Congratulations to you both...........I know this has been a long search...........

Hugs,
DeLisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

For first thing I wish to say: thank you my GOD!
Yes, because as always also in this search the GOD's hand is present... I and George we have only worked together for the success of search.. the search was very difficult... but thanks God, we have find it, and now we have many baptism records about Gentiles in Pozzilli.

I wish say in this forum, about the molisian emigration in UK...
and especially from all towns and villages in Isernia area... in same years in the Molise region was a great emigration in USA and in UK.. and no only in USA as many other regions in Italy.. no also in UK, a little in Brasil... and, only abt the first years of 1900, also in Argentina...

The Molise, Lazio, Tuscany, Liguria, Lombardia was the regions with a great emigration both in USA and UK....

....so when we had the input abt the first daughter of Girolomo Gentile, that was married to Joseph Di Ponio, and a relative married to person born in Venafro, my idea was that, as always in Italy, the marriages between persons of same area........ so the area was near Venafro and near Picinisco, because was a proverb about Picinisco that George mentioned various times.. and as always the proverbs say the truth... in fact Pozzilli in near both Venafro and Picinisco...

Now I wish to say:

thanks to all for kind words, thanks Lisa, thanks George, both my dearest friends, and thanks to Edmondo for this website helpful for who search italian roots,

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH