Emigrazione Giuseppe Acquavia - Rosa Aquino

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
f.iallorenzi

Emigrazione Giuseppe Acquavia - Rosa Aquino

Post by f.iallorenzi »

Salve,
vorrei cercare delle informazioni su un mio antenato che è emigrato in USA all'inizio del Novecento.

Il suo nome è Giuseppe Acquavia, nato a Ruoti (Potenza) il 1/4/1859
è emigrato in USA nei primi anni del '900 (nel 1897 risiedeva ancora in Italia, nel 1905 risiedeva già in USA, a Cleveland)
E' stato raggiunto in seguito dalla moglie, Rosa Aquino (nata a Ruoti il 27/6/1859).

Ho provato a cercare su Ellis Island il loro arrivo in USA, ma non ho trovato niente. Esistono altri canali di ricerca su cui cercare informazioni?
Grazie

Hello
I'm looking for information on an ancestor of mine who emigrated to the USA in the early twentieth century.

His name is Giuseppe Acquavia, born in Ruoti (Potenza) on 1/4/1859
he emigrated to the USA in the early 1900s (in 1897 he still resided in Italy, in 1905 he already resided in the USA, in Cleveland)
He was later joined by his wife, Rosa Aquino (born in Ruoti on 27/6/1859).

I tried to search Ellis Island for their arrival in the US, but found nothing. Are there other search channels n?
Thanks
peonygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Emigrazione Giuseppe Acquavia - Rosa Aquino

Post by peonygirl »

Hi. I've done similar searches for my grandparents who came from Italy to New York in early 1900s. I was able to find an Antonio Acquavia, from Portenza, to Ellis Island, but in 1907. Perhaps you can delve more deeply into the file and see if he was visiting his relative, Giuseppe, in New York.

Just for fun I tried Giuseppe Aquino, as I realize that many of the names were changed to abbreviated names; I did find a Giuseppe Aquino, coming from Portenza, to Ellis Island, in 1905. Interesting.

Have you tried Family Search? It is free. There are multiple listings for Giuseppe Acquavia there. https://www.familysearch.org

Go there and use Search. Fill in the box with his first and last name and you will see the results. Good luck!
Peonygirl
Always Searching....
f.iallorenzi

Re: Emigrazione Giuseppe Acquavia - Rosa Aquino

Post by f.iallorenzi »

Thank you very much!