Processetti Help?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
skiptonr@hotmail.com
Rookie
Rookie

Processetti Help?

Post by skiptonr@hotmail.com »

Back again for more assistance. I've a number of these processetti documents from my G-G-Grandfather/mother that I'm trying to decipher. Any help with the highlighted words is appreciated!!

Thanks, Rick
Michelangelo and Maria Ficorilli processetti (2) snip1.JPG
#1 - L. Anipente, Parroco del Comune di Pacentro certifiare dianendo ufficiale i Registri di Qati nel Comune fedelto, ha riavenesto Michelangelo Ficorillo figlio du coniugi Emillio ed Apollonia del Russo nato, ebattaggato a dodoci Gennario deli anno mille ottocento e due, essenelo strada la di liu hatoe na Rasalba moglie di Antonio di Lisio nati di quesro comune.

#2 - In fedi dell'uno si rilascia il presente da subir solo al matrimonia del dello Michelangelo Ficorillo con Maria Lepore amandno di questo Comune di Pacentro.
Michelangelo and Maria Ficorilli processetti (2) snip2.JPG
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Processetti Help?

Post by erudita74 »

the first image:

e battezzato

di lui matrina

the second image:

the word that makes sense to me is "ambedue" for "both" but I'm not seeing the letter "b"
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 03:28 ...

the second image:

the word that makes sense to me is "ambedue" for "both" but I'm not seeing the letter "b"

the word is "amendue" = "both"
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

liviomoreno wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 07:48
erudita74 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 03:28 ...

the second image:

the word is "amendue" = "both"
Thanks, Livio. I gather that's an archaic form of the word. Have never before seen it.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

skiptonr@hotmail.com wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 01:21 Back again for more assistance. I've a number of these processetti documents from my G-G-Grandfather/mother that I'm trying to decipher. Any help with the highlighted words is appreciated!!

Thanks, Rick
Michelangelo and Maria Ficorilli processetti (2) snip1.JPG
#1 - L. Anipente, Parroco del Comune di Pacentro certifiare dianendo ufficiale i Registri di Qati nel Comune fedelto, ha riavenesto Michelangelo Ficorillo figlio du coniugi Emillio ed Apollonia del Russo nato, ebattaggato a dodoci Gennario deli anno mille ottocento e due, essenelo strada la di liu hatoe na Rasalba moglie di Antonio di Lisio nati di quesro comune.

#2 - In fedi dell'uno si rilascia il presente da subir solo al matrimonia del dello Michelangelo Ficorillo con Maria Lepore amandno di questo Comune di Pacentro.

Michelangelo and Maria Ficorilli processetti (2) snip2.JPG
You have many errors in your transcriptions. Most of us here are volunteers and simply don't have the time to correct every transcription posted. I strongly suggest you find online guides to help you, or invest in a book by Trafford Cole on Italian Genealogical Records. The best course of action would be to study some basic Italian and learn grammar rules. Even after studying the language for many years, it can still take years to learn how to decipher the script. You need to keep working at it, and it is possible to learn it, but familiarity with the spelling of words in the language can be a first step. You will also find that sometimes the handwriting is such that words run into each other making it even more difficult to decipher the handwriting. There are also guides online for the formation of letters in old script.

Here are some samples that can be found online.

https://script.byu.edu/Pages/the-italia ... s(english)

https://script.byu.edu/Pages/the-italia ... e(english)

Just to start you off-your first image starts with L'Arciprete e Parrocco...certifica che avendo osservato...stati nel comune sudetto, ha rie venuto...

Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

erudita74 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 12:53 ...

Just to start you off-your first image starts with L'Arciprete e Parrocco...certifica che avendo osservato...stati nel comune sudetto, ha rie venuto...

Erudita

rinvenuto

:wink: :wink: :wink:
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

skiptonr@hotmail.com wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 01:21 #1 - L'Arciprete, e Parroco del Comune di Pacentro certifica che avendo osservato i Registri de' Nati nel Comune sudetto, ha rinvenuto Michelangelo Ficorillo figlio dei coniugi Emiddio ed Apollonia del Russo nato, e battezzato a' dodoci Gennaro dell'anno mille ottocento e due, essendo stata la di lui matrina Rosalba moglie di Antonio di Lisio tutti di questo comune.

#2 - In fede del vero si rilascia il presente da servir solo al matrimonio del detto Michelangelo Ficorillo con Maria Lepore amendue di questo Comune di Pacentro.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
skiptonr@hotmail.com
Rookie
Rookie

Post by skiptonr@hotmail.com »

Thank you for all the help and the direction. I had downloaded the "Italian Extraction Guide" and was working through that to help me with deciphering the words. I will look into your suggestions as I have quite a number of documents to translate and don't expect this to be done for me gratis. Believe it our not, I spent at least 10 hours just on those two paragraphs...guess I was 10 hours into a 20 hour problem (as my old professor used to say).

Thanks again, Rick