Antenati website question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Antenati website question

Post by crossl »

Hi to everyone, would anyone know why a lot of documents don't open on the Antenati website? I can look at a document but when I go to the next one only the immagine number shows on the screen and not the document. Is this because they are not available yet or is it a website problem?

Thanks,
Frank
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Re: Antenati website question

Post by MarcuccioV »

I believe the server is having issues. It started acting up a couple of days ago. On the town I'm searching, some pages come up, others give an error message & if reloaded, show an icon which you have to click for the document to come up, which it does in magnification and not normal viewing mode. Is this what you're experiencing..?
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crossl »

Thanks for your reply, the server has been going down quite a bit lately but you reload the page and eventually comes back up. My issue is that I can look at a document fine and then go to the next one and nothing opens up, only the immagine number for that document comes up. I can go to a specific year for and half may come up fine and the rest do not. I don't remember this happening before the last few days unless I just never tried to access those records before.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

It only started doing it a couple of days ago for me, prior to that it was fine, and I've been checking it daily. it's a recent issue.
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
crossl
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crossl »

Thanks Mark, I'll wait and see what happens.

Frank
DagoMim

Post by DagoMim »

I also had the same problem you've encountered. I've never had that happen in the last 2-3 years since I first started using the site.

I would agree that it's their server problem. Their servers are slow and cumbersome at the best of times . . .but the other day was the first time I received the tiny icons instead of an actual image.

I refreshed several times - and it helped. Then I couldn't get anything again. I finally did try clicking into the small (thumbprint) size icon once or twice and I was able to get to a document. But not the one I wanted. I finally gave up.

Mimi
SUNSERI
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Question du site Antenati

Post by SUNSERI »

Oui il y a des problèmes , je crois qu'ils sont en train de faire des mises a jour et changer le site !
Stéphane
Italia1963
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Italia1963 »

I am having the same issue with the Antenati site...some records will appear and others are either totally blank or you can not magnify them. This all started several days ago.
Italia1963
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Italia1963 »

I found a way to get around the problem with the Antenati site that is still occurring. If you have an ipad, go to the page that you are having a problem. It will still look blank, but their is a small box, you can click, and it will enlarge the page, just like when you do your searches on a regular computer. Not sure why it works on an ipad rather than computer, but it does. good luck