HELP-TRANSLATION

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
paige18

HELP-TRANSLATION

Post by paige18 »

I HAVE WRITTEN TO PALAZZO ADRIANO USING THE NAMES OF POSSIBLE RELATIVES 1ST TIME I SENT LETTERS IN ITALIAN NO RESPONSE 2ND TIME IN ITALIAN AND A LETTER IN ENGLISH ALONG WITH SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE AND A INT. REPLY COUPON. IT HAS BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS AND AGAIN NO RESPONSE. I THINK I NEED HELP IN TRANSLATING THE LETTER AND NOT USING THE COMPUTER.DO YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP ME WITH IT?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
PAIGE18
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: HELP-TRANSLATION

Post by wldspirit »

Did you use a standard form letter or a site like babblefish!!......which is not an accurate translation............ :?

wldspirit
paige18

Post by paige18 »

BABBLEFISH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you write here the letter and we can translate for you.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
paige18

Post by paige18 »

My name is Robert Rock (Raccuia)
I live in Placerville, California USA

I'm trying to contact my relatives living in Palazzo Adriano. I don't know to much about them so I'm hoping this letter will get to some of my relatives.

My g/grandfathers name was Nicolo Glaviano , after he married Ann Sulla(Sulli) from Greece or Albania his family disinherited him and he lost everything. As a result of his misfortune he had to go to work in the coal mines. Nicolo and Ann had three children, Rose born 23 Dec 1886, Tony born 22 Feb 1893 and Carmela( my grandmother) born 5 July 1895. When Carmela was three years old Nicolo died in a mine cave in.
Ann and her daughter Rose and son Tony left for the USA in 1906. Carmela had to stay with her aunt for a year and her grandmother for another year as she had bad eye or pink eye. Carmela left for America in March 1909. Meanwhile, Carmela's fathers family ( the Glavianos) migrated to South America ?

If you think we are related I would be very grateful to receive a letter from you.

I have enclosed a self addressed envelope and an International Reply Coupon which can be used to purchase postage.

Accept my sincere greetings.

Robert Rock
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

paige18 wrote:My name is Robert Rock (Raccuia)
I live in Placerville, California USA

I'm trying to contact my relatives living in Palazzo Adriano. I don't know to much about them so I'm hoping this letter will get to some of my relatives.

My g/grandfathers name was Nicolo Glaviano , after he married Ann Sulla(Sulli) from Greece or Albania his family disinherited him and he lost everything. As a result of his misfortune he had to go to work in the coal mines. Nicolo and Ann had three children, Rose born 23 Dec 1886, Tony born 22 Feb 1893 and Carmela( my grandmother) born 5 July 1895. When Carmela was three years old Nicolo died in a mine cave in.
Ann and her daughter Rose and son Tony left for the USA in 1906. Carmela had to stay with her aunt for a year and her grandmother for another year as she had bad eye or pink eye. Carmela left for America in March 1909. Meanwhile, Carmela's fathers family ( the Glavianos) migrated to South America ?

If you think we are related I would be very grateful to receive a letter from you.

I have enclosed a self addressed envelope and an International Reply Coupon which can be used to purchase postage.

Accept my sincere greetings.

Robert Rock
Il mio nome è Robert Rock (Raccuia)
e vivo in Placerville, California USA.
Cerco di contattare i miei parenti di Palazzo Adriano.
Non so molto circa loro ma spero che questa lettera giunga a qualche mio parente.
Il nome del mio bisnonno era Nicola Glaviano, ma dopo che sposò Ann Sulla(Sulli) nata in Grecia o Albania, la sua famiglia lo disereditò e perse tutto.

Come conseguenza di tale sfortuna lavorò nelle miniere di carbone.
Nicola ed Ann ebbero tre bambini:
-Rosa nata il 23 Dicembre 1886,
-Tony nato il 22 febbraio 1893
-Carmela(lmia nonna) nata il 5 luglio 1895.

Quando Carmela aveva tre anni Nicola suo padre morì dentro una cavità della miniera.
Ann con i figli Rosa e Tony partirono per gli USA nel 1906.
Carmela rimase con una zia per un anno e con la nonna per un altro anno poichè aveva problemi di salute.
Carmela infine partì per l'America nel mese di marzo del 1909.

Nel frattempo, alcuni della la famiglia paterna di Carmela (Glaviano) migrarono in Sudamerica...
Se pensate che c'è una certa parentela sarei molto riconoscente di poter ricevere una risposta da voi.
Ho accluso in questa mia lettera una busta a me indirizzata e un francobollo internazionale per la risposta che può essere usato per comprare quello italiano.
Invio i miei saluti sinceri, e attendo notizie.

[hr]
just some correction for to better writing.
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
paige18

Post by paige18 »

Thank you thank you very much i will send the letter out very so again THANK YOU Suanj
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

paige18 wrote:BABBLEFISH
Not too sure if you know that writing in all capital letters on the 'net' means you are SHOUTING!!!!!!
:?
Are you :?: I didn't think you were.

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"