Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

Post by apersico »

Hello,

I'm trying to find a ship manifest for my great grandfather's brother, Giuseppe Bini. My great grandfather was Cosmo Bini, who immigrated to the US in 1906 from Alberobello. I found 2 ship manifests for Cosmo, one in 1905, where his name is crossed out, and another in 1906. Both records say that he has a brother Giuseppe Bini in Utica, NY. So this should mean that Giuseppe arrived in the US in 1905 or earlier. But I can't find any ship records. He was born in 1885, and his parents were Antonia Annese and Pietro Bini. He went back to Italy at some point, where he stayed and had a family. I was told by his granddaughter that he went back to serve in WWI, but not sure what year. I've found no other records of him in the US, except in Cosmo's ship records. Can anyone help me track down a ship manifest for him coming into the US? And are there any such records for ships sailing into Italy?

Thanks!
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

Post by darkerhorse »

Did you check these?

r and Crew Lists (including Castle Garden and Ellis Island), 1820-1957
View New York, U.S., Arriving Passenger and Crew Lists (including Castle Garden and Ellis Island), 1820-1957

Name: Giuseppe Bini
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian
Birth Date: abt 1885
Last Known Residence: Torre Del Laga
Departure Port: Genoa
Arrival Date: 30 Mar 1903
Arrival Port: New York, New York, USA
Final Destination: Ogden, Utaly
Money in Possession: $15
Person in US: Bini Eger
Person in US Relationship: Father
Father: Bini Eger
Ship Name: Sardegna
Search Ship Database: Search for the Sardegna in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

r and Crew Lists (including Castle Garden and Ellis Island), 1820-1957
View New York, U.S., Arriving Passenger and Crew Lists (including Castle Garden and Ellis Island), 1820-1957

Name: Giuseppe Bini
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Arrival Date: 19 Jun 1903
Ship Name: Algeria
Search Ship Database: Search for the Algeria in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

Name: Guiseppe Bini
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Departure Port: Genoa
Arrival Date: 28 Apr 1903
Ship Name: Lombardia
Search Ship Database: Search for the Lombardia in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

The one dated June is going to Utica, NY as final destination. I didn't check the others.
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

darkerhorse wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 21:19 The one dated June is going to Utica, NY as final destination. I didn't check the others.
The March 30 one doesn't look right. He was not from Torre del Lago. The June one is a bit more promising since it shows him going to Utica, but the last residence is wrong again. I'm not sure how likely it is that it was written incorrectly on the manifest. It almost looks like it may have been written in at a later date, as the handwriting and ink look different. But we have no reason to believe he ever lived anywhere besides Alberobello before coming to the US, as the family is all still there.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

apersico wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 21:04 Hello,

I'm trying to find a ship manifest for my great grandfather's brother, Giuseppe Bini. My great grandfather was Cosmo Bini, who immigrated to the US in 1906 from Alberobello. I found 2 ship manifests for Cosmo, one in 1905, where his name is crossed out, and another in 1906. Both records say that he has a brother Giuseppe Bini in Utica, NY. So this should mean that Giuseppe arrived in the US in 1905 or earlier. But I can't find any ship records. He was born in 1885, and his parents were Antonia Annese and Pietro Bini. He went back to Italy at some point, where he stayed and had a family. I was told by his granddaughter that he went back to serve in WWI, but not sure what year. I've found no other records of him in the US, except in Cosmo's ship records. Can anyone help me track down a ship manifest for him coming into the US? And are there any such records for ships sailing into Italy?

Thanks!
Hi in Alberobello, from 1880 to 1886 no one Giuseppe Bini was born...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

suanj wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 09:48
apersico wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 21:04 Hello,

Thanks!
Hi in Alberobello, from 1880 to 1886 no one Giuseppe Bini was born...
He was born in Coreggia, which is part of Alberobello.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hi Thanks, yes Coreggia is a hamlet of Alberobello currently, but in the past time pertaining Monopoli Municipality, and however Coreggia had own civil records like a Municipality:

Giuseppe Bini born in Coreggia on 9 jun 1885 son of Pietro Bini 35 old, farmer, domiciled in Monopoli and of Antonia Annese, farmer
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
click to enlarge

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

suanj wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 08:26 hi Thanks, yes Coreggia is a hamlet of Alberobello currently, but in the past time pertaining Monopoli Municipality, and however Coreggia had own civil records like a Municipality:

Giuseppe Bini born in Coreggia on 9 jun 1885 son of Pietro Bini 35 old, farmer, domiciled in Monopoli and of Antonia Annese, farmer
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 4.jpg.html
click to enlarge

Thank you. Yes I have this information. I am just looking for a ship manifest for him.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Yes I understood very well, just because no one Giuseppe Bini arrival appeared, I searched if maybe he had two given names, and you said Aberobello.. Instead was Coregga.. so his name is right his birthyear is right and he came in USA before of Cosmo.. and because Giuseppe was born on 1885 well in 1905 he was 20 old... this means that he went in USA when he was 17 or 18 old, not to do military service otherwise on 1905 he was still militar.. so I believe that he arrived in USA around 1902-1903 and surely he had some contact in USA... where going...

if an arrival is not found then it is necessary to better understand the context. And this arrival of Giuseppe Bini is not easy to find, so we need to understand the context better ....

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH