I am looking for information on the Zari family. My grandfather is Peter Zari and his parents are Narciso and Angelina (Gornati) Zari from Chiesnia, Italy.
Angelina Gornati Zari's parents are Joseph Gornati (from Milano, Lombardia, Italy) and Stella Ranzini (not sure where in Italy).
Peter's siblings are Mary Zari, Emma Zari, Joseph Zari, John Zari, and George Zari. When they came to the states, they lived in Dagus Mines, Pennsylvania.
I have very little information about the Zari and Gornati families. I can't find the correct parents for Narciso Zari and I can't tell if Zari is the correct name or if Zara was the correct spelling in Italy.
Anyone know about the Zari family? I welcome information on the Ranzini (or Ronzani) and Gornati families too! Thanks!
Zari and Gornati Families
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
Is this your family?
Note Bruno left his mother named Maria something in Italy to join his brother Narciso in the U.S.
Note the marriage listing is for Archizo but the bride and parents names seem to match your family.
There's a family tree on Ancestry which has this information and lists him as Narciso Archizo Zari for what it's worth.
Note Bruno left his mother named Maria something in Italy to join his brother Narciso in the U.S.
Note the marriage listing is for Archizo but the bride and parents names seem to match your family.
There's a family tree on Ancestry which has this information and lists him as Narciso Archizo Zari for what it's worth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
Maybe someone else can read Maria's surname (mother of Bruno and Narciso) on the immigration record.
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
Yes, this is my family. I was adopted as a baby. A few years ago, I discovered my birth family. Michael Zari is my birth father. He passed in 2010. His father is Peter Zari. Peter is Narciso's son.
I can't access the tree from this site. Are you on Ancestry? I would love to see the family tree.
I can't access the tree from this site. Are you on Ancestry? I would love to see the family tree.
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
Do you know if the name is originally Zara? I have seen the marriage document. I don't know the names of Narciso's parents. Are they Zari or Zara?
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
The spelling of the surname in Chiesina Uzzanese, Pistoia, is ZARI.
On the manifest... it reads Mother - Maria Chiesina at Altopascio.
The surname is also spelled ZARI in Altopascio
EDIT TO ADD:
The Birth act of the Bruno Zari in the above manifest?
#97 - May 1892
Father: Pietro Zari, 48, farmer residingin Chiesina Uzzanese.
Mother: Maria Alessina Tarantelli, his wife.
Notation of marriage in 1912 with Emma Bernoli(sp?)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043811
T.
On the manifest... it reads Mother - Maria Chiesina at Altopascio.
The surname is also spelled ZARI in Altopascio
EDIT TO ADD:
The Birth act of the Bruno Zari in the above manifest?
#97 - May 1892
Father: Pietro Zari, 48, farmer residingin Chiesina Uzzanese.
Mother: Maria Alessina Tarantelli, his wife.
Notation of marriage in 1912 with Emma Bernoli(sp?)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043811
T.
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
Tessa78 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 03:47 ....
The Birth act of the Bruno Zari in the above manifest?
#97 - May 1892
Father: Pietro Zari, 48, farmer residingin Chiesina Uzzanese.
Mother: Maria Alessina Tarantelli, his wife.
Notation of marriage in Uzzano (Pistoia) on June 1, 1912 with Emma Biondi
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043811
T.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
In case you don't have these...
Here is the death certificate for Narciso Zari in 1958 in Elk County, PA.
The provider of the information was Emma Zari
https://i.postimg.cc/DwZdsLXY/Zari-death.jpg
AND...
The 1920 Census of Narciso and family in Elk Cty. with your GF Peter.
Narciso, 44, born Italy, miner, arrival 1902
Lena, 29,wife, born Pennsylvania
Mary, 6, born PA
Peter, 4y 8m, born PA
Emma, 1y 6m, born PA
https://i.postimg.cc/Lsfp9qNn/Zari1920census.jpg
The 1930 Census with the addition of sons, Joseph, John, George
https://i.postimg.cc/hPWgY1rN/Zari1930-Census.jpg
AND...
The arrival manifest for Narciso Zari in 1902 - Line 13
https://i.postimg.cc/ZK2YJh4s/Zari-Manifest1902.jpg
POSSIBLE arrival of Giuseppe Gornati in 1899 - from Casorezzo (which in the Province of Milano)
Line 24
https://i.postimg.cc/SR7M9Ndr/Gornati-G ... nifest.jpg
T.
Here is the death certificate for Narciso Zari in 1958 in Elk County, PA.
The provider of the information was Emma Zari
https://i.postimg.cc/DwZdsLXY/Zari-death.jpg
AND...
The 1920 Census of Narciso and family in Elk Cty. with your GF Peter.
Narciso, 44, born Italy, miner, arrival 1902
Lena, 29,wife, born Pennsylvania
Mary, 6, born PA
Peter, 4y 8m, born PA
Emma, 1y 6m, born PA
https://i.postimg.cc/Lsfp9qNn/Zari1920census.jpg
The 1930 Census with the addition of sons, Joseph, John, George
https://i.postimg.cc/hPWgY1rN/Zari1930-Census.jpg
AND...
The arrival manifest for Narciso Zari in 1902 - Line 13
https://i.postimg.cc/ZK2YJh4s/Zari-Manifest1902.jpg
POSSIBLE arrival of Giuseppe Gornati in 1899 - from Casorezzo (which in the Province of Milano)
Line 24
https://i.postimg.cc/SR7M9Ndr/Gornati-G ... nifest.jpg
T.
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
I do have a lot of those documents saved. Thank you! On the last document for Giuseppe Gornati, I don't know who that is. I only know Joseph Gornati (born 1856-died 1898). Outside of Joseph Gornati and his wife, Stella Ranzini, I don't have any other names that have the Gornati and Ranzini names. Joseph and Stella are Angelina Gornati's parents. Angelina married Peter Zari.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Zari and Gornati Families
Did you check your private messages?
