Searching for Great Great Grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Angela48
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Searching for Great Great Grandparents

Post by Angela48 »

Tessa78 and MMogno, thank you for your quick response and help. I come to you only when I have exhausted or reached a dead end on my research. I hope I have not made a pest of myself. You are fantastic and I appreciate everything you have provided to me. Grazia tanti, tanti.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Angela48 wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 16:47 Tessa78, thank you for the information on Michelangelo’s parents, Pasquale Mennilli & Rosario Salute. My research found Pasquale and Rosario had 2 children (Michelangelo was not listed/found), Paolo 1831-1910 wife Vincenza Falasca, Nicola Antonio 1834-1909 wife Maria Giuseppa del Grosso. Can you confirm these are Michelangelo’s siblings?
Also, Michelangelo & Annantonio had a son Pasquale Antonio, 1869, who married Cristina Salute (could not find marriage record). There are 3 children associated with Pasquale & Cristina; Piacentino 1902, Michele 1904, Bambina 1907. Cristina died in 1910. There is a marriage on Pasquale to Maria Miscia in 1912. Is it possible Maria is the 2nd marriage for Pasquale?
There are so many records with name of Pasquale it is difficult to determine lineage in some cases. I appreciate your help in connecting the dots of this puzzle for me.

In the Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio for Pasquale's marriage to Maria - it indicates that one of the documents provided was the copy of the death act of Cristina Salute, the previous wife of Pasquale Onofrio Mennilli.
Act #3 8 - image page 41
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 13/wRe2En7

Here is another child of Pasquale and Cristina - Errico Mennilli was born in 1900.
#431 - image page 148
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 04/wjOZ9g7

Marriage of Pasquale and Cristina in 1898.
Cristina was born in Torrevecchia Teatina,
so that is where te marriage took place.
#9 - image page 7
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... 64/5gP1nmN

T.
Angela48
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Angela48 »

Tessa78, thank you for the additional records. Handwritings are difficult to read but I believe the name of Maria Miscia's husband is Pasquale Antonio Mennilli, not Onofrio. If not, then the marriage record for Cristina and Maria is not the same Pasquale. What do you think?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Angela48 wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 17:30 Tessa78, thank you for the additional records. Handwritings are difficult to read but I believe the name of Maria Miscia's husband is Pasquale Antonio Mennilli, not Onofrio. If not, then the marriage record for Cristina and Maria is not the same Pasquale. What do you think?
Yes, the marriage with Maria Miscia states Pasquale Antonio Mennilli. As does the Publication of the intent to marry for Maria and Pasquale, which identifies Pasquale's deceased wife as Cristina Salute

T.