Need Help with Surname

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MinnieB
Rookie
Rookie

Need Help with Surname

Post by MinnieB »

I can't decipher the surname of Maria Candela's mother. Her first name is Maria and middle name Luigia, but the last name is eluding me. Can anyone decipher it? Here are two records containing her name:

Giuseppe Bruno/Maria Candela Marriage Rec: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043445 Page 33 #30

Maria Candela Birth Rec: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043445 Page 91 #259
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Need Help with Surname

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Mother's surname is Simone - Maria Luigia Simone.

If you have a look at her twin brother's birth registration, on the previous page, it is much clearer there.

Angela
MinnieB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MinnieB »

Oh, wow, I didn't even know she had a twin brother! You are the best!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help. Sorry, it's taken me a while to get back to you. I've been going through some of my notifications and saw I hadn't replied to your post here.

Re: Maria Candela's twin brother, and so that you will know for further reference, If you take a look in the index, under the name “Maria Candela” and before her 1929 marriage entry, you will see the word “gemella” which means “(female) twin” which was the clue I picked up on. Then go to the previous record, No 258, (as her twin didn’t show in the next record ie No 256), and you’ll see Giovanni Candela, and underneath his name is written the word “gemello” meaning “(male) twin”. You may have since noticed this, but in case you haven't.....

Angela