Help translating death record - Balestri

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
deigo1
Elite
Elite

Help translating death record - Balestri

Post by deigo1 »

Hello,

Could someone help with the translation of what I believe is the death record my great-grandmother x 4 Teresa Balestri. On her daughter's death record (Angela Bernardini) it was listed as Bal(l)estri with two L's but I believe this to be the accurate spelling based on what I can see from surnames in the town. Teresa's husband was Pietro Bernardini. I believe I've found his death record a few years later, but would like to confirm he was still alive and if possible his father's name. I also think I'm seeing the name Giacomo Bonetti (I'm assuming an informant of the death?) He was my great grandfather x 4 so would make sense that he was a friend of the family...his son was married to Angela.

Teresa
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 48/5Gb7GRg #21

Previously translated:
Angela (daughter) - https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 05/LoeJmbq #79
Dated 12 July 1878 in Montese
Death on 11 July in the house in Ranocchio #105, of Angela Bernardini, 56, weaver residing in Ranocchio,
born in Ranocchio to deceased Pietro, landowner, and of deceased Teresa Ballestri, housewife, both residing in Ranocchio in their lifetimes.

Thank you!
D.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help translating death record - Balestri

Post by PippoM »

Teresa Balestri, 66 years old, born in Iola, daughter of Domenico Antonio and of a woman whose name is not known (by the declarants, I think), passed away on Jan 31, 1854 at 2:30pm in the house named "Vignale di Sopra".
Declarants were Pietro Bernardini, son of deceased Giulio, 80 yo, Teresa's husband, and Vincenzo, 21 yo, their son.

Giacomo Bonetti was one of the witnesses of the declaration, who were usually people who were found near the Town Hall, or were taken there by the declarants.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
deigo1
Elite
Elite

Post by deigo1 »

Thank you very much Pippo! Appreciate the clarity on her mother, I had wondered what it said as I didn't think I was seeing any other female names in the document.
deigo1
Elite
Elite

Post by deigo1 »

The diocese was able to locate the church death record, could someone help with the translation of the mother's name?

Thank you,
D.
Attachments
morte_TERESA_BALESTRI.jpg
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I'd say Gentile Catani (written "Catanj")
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.