Favero and Pancot families from Veneto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gfavero

Favero and Pancot families from Veneto

Post by gfavero »

Hi there,

Does anyone know any links or contacts so I can get more information on the Favero and Pancot families from Veneto ?

Unfortunately, all I know is that they are from Veneto and possibly from the province of Treviso. I know Favero is a very common name in the northeast but I'm giving it a go anyway.

Best regards,

Gustavo Favero.
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Favero and Pancot families from Veneto

Post by wishyou »

I'm sorry, but to find a Favero or a Pancot in province of Treviso it's like to find a John Smith in the U.S.
There are plenty of them in a lot of places, the only thing I could suppose is that a marriage between a Favero and a Pancot could mean that they came from the north part of the province (where I actually live).

If you can get more information (or somebody could) I could help in the reasearchs (ehm... with a lot of patient).

Surely you have to post names, date of birth, where they emigrated and when about.
gfavero

Post by gfavero »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be great if you could help me or give me instructions on how to proceed with the research as I'm still learning Italian and I cannot speak it well.

Pietro Favero was born circa 1861 (parents were Vincenzzo and Catherina Favero), Maria Pancot was born circa 1867 (parents were Luigi and Angela Pancot), both somewhere in Treviso (according to family knowledge).

They left Italy sometime between 1889 and 1891 towards Brazil. They might have come from somewhere near Conegliano or Vittorio Veneto but I'm not sure.

Grazie mille.

Gustavo Favero.
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Place around Conegliano and Vittorio Veneto, that's what i thought when I read surnames.
The only chance (very little, indeed) to find them is to know marriage date, because Stato Civile birth registers start from 1871. Births before that date are to find in parishes registers, which means, without any place reference, to find a needle in a straw-rick.
Are you in Argentina?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but you can decide!

Immigration to Brazil for the name Pietro Favero. Obtained from database at:

http://www.memorialdoimigrante.sp.gov.br/

PIETRO FAVERO - 1885 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO CHEFE 1887 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO MARIDO 1888 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO SOZINHO 1888 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO SOZINHO 1890 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO CHEFE 1896 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO CHEFE 1897 ITALIANA
PIETRO FAVERO CHEFE 1897 ITALIANA

This site did not show a Maria Pancot's arrival.

wishyou,

Here in US, we say "needle in a haystack." :wink:

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
gfavero

Post by gfavero »

This is also good information but I guess that concerns immigrants who have disembarked at Santos, in the state of São Paulo, only.

I have strong evidence to believe Pietro and Maria arrived in Rio. It was good to know that it is possible to research online anyway. Thank you, jcsm.

You're right, wishyou.

My research would probably have to start in local parishes and apparently Venetian priests are not known for their hospitality. I'll have to master the Italian language if I want to develop my research.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Here are a few good links with regard to some basic Italian genealogy terms, and there are many standard form letters for you to use if you wish to correspond with potential relatives, parish priest or the comune offices:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... talian.ASP

http://italiangenealogy.atspace.com/ita ... tters.html

http://www.circolocalabrese.org./resour ... /index.asp

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP

hope you find these links useful......
wldspirit

*have you tried this site for Brazil, Argentina ship records.......

http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm
gfavero

Post by gfavero »

Thank you, wldspirit.

The database is amazing. I didn't know they had those records online. I haven't been very lucky though as the database only shows entries from the state of Espírito Santo.

I'll check out some of those links, thanks.

Does anyone know where I can get access to a list of Italian citizens and vessels which left Italy by the end of the XIX century?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Happy to help out, and good luck with your search..... :D
wldspirit
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Maybe saturday I'll find the time to go at Vittorio Veneto's Stato Civile and take a look if there are some marriages between Favero and Pancot in that time.
You'll never know

"wishyou, Here in US, we say "needle in a haystack.""

It didn't sound good to me either. I have to change dictionary....
gfavero

Post by gfavero »

Hi wishyou,

That is very kind of you. Thank you very much. However, they got married in Brazil in 1892.

If you happened to be in Vittorio Veneto though I would not mind if you looked for the birth of a Maria Pancot, son of Luigi and Angela, born circa 1867.

Over here, I carry on with my research. Does anyone know where I can read about the history and heraldry of a particular family from the Veneto? I have come across many versions of coat of arms for my family but they always seem quite disputable to my eyes.

Thanks.

Gustavo Favero.
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

If they married in Brazil in 1892 surely I'll never find it. I don't think they communicate their marriage to Italian console and this one to Stato Civile.
And, without any more informations, I'll never find the birth act too.
The stato Civile registers starts form first september 1871. Birth. marriage and death before of this date were registered by parish. And there 14 parishes only in Vittorio Veneto, about 100 hundred in the north part of the Treviso Province. It is impossible to find her birth act without knowing at least the town. It will be easier to win at lotto...

"I have come across many versions of coat of arms for my family but they always seem quite disputable to my eyes"
Favero is a common surname all around the old Republic of Venice. Some branches of this family were nobles, too, but, let me be frank (hope it is the right word...) with you: probably they don't match with your family.
As I rebuilt most family of emigrants around here I always found, through centuries, poor people, which had serious difficulties to survive. At least they went abroad to have a chance of better life (Someone to give a chance of life to their children). I think that most coats of arms of all this families are inventions of people who want to speculate on this stuff.
It's a thought of mine, anyway.
I can say to you to let apart improbable coats of arms and just to go on to find the roots of your family, whetever they are and, if you will find any nobiliar ancient, look for the coat of arms.

Last thing: as I well remember the Favero cames from Favaro.
gfavero

Post by gfavero »

Hi wishyou,

I guess you're right about the coat of arms and the noble families. It will make a lot more sense to look for a coat of arms when I find out if my family branch ever had anything to do with the noble Faveros. Thanks for the insight.

I have good news. I have just found out that Pietro Favero was born to Vincenzzo and Catterina Favero in 1860 in Tarzo (TV). Maybe now I can develop my research, huh?

I'm very happy about this finding. Anyone's got any idea on how should I go about finding more information now?
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Tarzo is a Town (5.000 people live there) near Vittorio Veneto.
If I remember well is divided in six parishes: Tarzo, Arfanta, Resera, Corbanese, Nogarolo and Colmaggiore.

In mediaval age was called Castelmaggiore and was one of the proprety of the Da Camino lords.

Here
http://www.vittorioveneto.net/tarzo/index.html
some little informations and a photo (you see only half of the town)

As I always say, if you have patient and wait till I resolve some other requests, I will take a look of him.
gfavero

Post by gfavero »

Thank you for the website. The town seems nice and pleasant and apparently there's a lake nearby.

As for the research, I have all the time of the world. :)