RE:1815 ATTI DI NASCITA RECORD DECIPHERING

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

RE:1815 ATTI DI NASCITA RECORD DECIPHERING

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

THIS IS THE 1815 BIRTH RECORD OF FRANCESCO RICCA. LUOGOSANO AVELLINO. MY GREAT GRANDFATHER. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE KINDLY DECIPHER IT? NOT VERY TECHY AT FORMATTING IMAGES. RECORD IS LEFT HAND SIDE OF PAGE. FROM WWW.ANTENATI WEBSITE.ANY HELP MOST APPRECIATED.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: RE:1815 ATTI DI NASCITA RECORD DECIPHERING

Post by Tessa78 »

Dated 13 October 1815 - birth on 12 October
Presentation at the town hall in Luogosano
Born at home to Giovanni Ricca, 40, coal seller, and to Rosa Martino, 30, his wife.
Child was given the name Francesco Saverio.
Witnesses to the record: Tommaso di Cicco, 52, landowner; Marcellino Buono, 24, landowner.

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thanks. i tried to post the image but some mention was made of permissions (?). evidently you found it at the antenati site. i was hoping there was more information in that record pertaining to wife rosa martino,specifically her parents names,as the1803 marriage for them in lapio is unreadable,and though i found giovanni's death in luogosano in 1849,which gave his parents names,i can't find the death for rosa,who was living in luogosano as of 1857 at the time of one of her sons marriage,and most likely died there before 1885 when she would have been 100,which is highly unlikely. i checked every year from 1857 to 1885. i found nothing,but the years 1862,1863,and 1865 are missing,which are years she could have died in,her late 70s. generally the records which would mention the parents are birth records,which occurred long before civil registration aren't found,marriage records,which in this case is totally unreadable,and as a parish record probably wouldn't include parents names anyway,and death records,for which i can't find hers. no way to find her parents names.birth records for chidren would most likely only note the parents names,not the grandparents names,in this case the names of rosa's parents.as the marriage occurred in lapio,most likely she was born in lapio. many years ago the parish there sent me the marriage record for giovanni and rosa,but not rosa's birth record. one of severalproblemswith parish records. rarely accessible unless a friendly priest is available to help. then most likely the record is missing,and if found,is undecipherable due to aging and damage. and then,in many cases,no parents of the bride and groom named. civil records much better. but these don't begin until 1809 in mainland italy (my paternal grandfathers avellino province) and1820 in sicily (my paternal grandmothers messina province). that makes going beyond my great and great great grandparents virtually impossible as most of these parish records will never go online,and even if they did,would probably be unreadable or contain little of family line information.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

Picture (1).jpg
1803 marriage of giovanni ricca and rosa martino. lapio avellino. unable to decipher. unreadable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I was able to read/enlarge the first image you posted.

I was not able to read/enlarge your second image. Can you post it the way you posted the first?

I tried searching for it, but I do not see records for 1803 online for Lapio..

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

do you mean the 1815 birth record forfrancesco saverio ricca or the 1803 marriage record for giovanni ricca androsa martino? as i said not very techy so what i posted was the best i could do.i reposted the marriage record. that record is impossible to decipher unlike the birth record. there wouldn't be any parish records for lapio 1803 marriage online. pre civil registration which doesnt begin until 1809 in mainland italy.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

mezzogiorno62 wrote: 19 May 2023, 21:20 do you mean the 1815 birth record forfrancesco saverio ricca or the 1803 marriage record for giovanni ricca androsa martino? as i said not very techy so what i posted was the best i could do.i reposted the marriage record. that record is impossible to decipher unlike the birth record. there wouldn't be any parish records for lapio 1803 marriage online. pre civil registration which doesnt begin until 1809 in mainland italy.

Where?

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

Picture (1).jpg
trying again. i posted this 1803 marriage for giovanni and rosa several times here with no one able to make heads nor tails of it. unreadable.
Picture (1).jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thank you for posting it again.
This time I was able to enlarge it. However, the faded ink does make it unreadable.
Based on the entry below Giovanni and Rosa, this appears to be written in Latin. So a church record.
Where did you find it?

T.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

I agree: the marriage record is impossible to decipher.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

it was sent to me many years ago by a parish priest in either luogosano or lapio where the marriage took place. as i said and you can see this is unreadable. tried everything and posted it here many times for possible deciphering. nothing.