the ship's manifest of Giovannina and children:
Algeria (1891) Dec 18, 1905 Palermo
0027. Cottone, Giovanna F 29y M Italian, Italian South Monreale
0028. Carrozza, Giovanna F 6y S Italian, Italian South Monreale
0029. Carrozza, Ignazio M 4y S Italian, Italian South Monreale
0030. Carrozza, Francesco F 2y S Italian, Italian South Monreale
[hr]
suanj
Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
Re: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
You have all been so kind and helpful that I feel I need to share my update with you on the Carrozza's. I spoke with my Uncle yesterdya and he said that he vaguely remembers being told that the children (his Father, Aunts and Uncles) were split up at some point. He didn't remember whether they went to an Orphanage or not but he did confirm all the childrens names, even the boys in the 1930 census. Go figure, it took me finding the info to get him to remember this. Anyway, he was very surprised to hear about a possible remarriage but my father's name was Benedict Anthony so in the naming tradition, he was named after his real Grandfather, Benedetto and possibly his step grandfather (or cousin!) Anthony. Don't you think that's a real possibility?
Could I ask another favor of you who have census access? Years ago, I had Ancestry and found two children on the 1920 census, Clementina (or Christina) Carrozza and Lucy Carrozza. I was going page by page before they were indexed so I must have missed the pages you all pulled out. In any case, my notes say thayt they were listed as inmates in St Josephs Female Orphan Asylum, enumberation distric 3D/322, Willoughby, Sumner & Vernon Aves, Kings County. They were on roll T625_1153 page 1B.
Would it be possible for someone to search and send me the link of the page? I'm curious as to whether these are more of the children. I was planning to sign up again this year for Ancestry but finances are a little tight right now and it just doesn't pay to sign up month by month, since the last time I did that, I only was able to spare the time twice to do a search. It was a big waste of money!.
Thank you in advance,
Terri
Could I ask another favor of you who have census access? Years ago, I had Ancestry and found two children on the 1920 census, Clementina (or Christina) Carrozza and Lucy Carrozza. I was going page by page before they were indexed so I must have missed the pages you all pulled out. In any case, my notes say thayt they were listed as inmates in St Josephs Female Orphan Asylum, enumberation distric 3D/322, Willoughby, Sumner & Vernon Aves, Kings County. They were on roll T625_1153 page 1B.
Would it be possible for someone to search and send me the link of the page? I'm curious as to whether these are more of the children. I was planning to sign up again this year for Ancestry but finances are a little tight right now and it just doesn't pay to sign up month by month, since the last time I did that, I only was able to spare the time twice to do a search. It was a big waste of money!.
Thank you in advance,
Terri
Re: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
Are these the images you wished to view?
1920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Lucy Carrozza
Name: Lucy Carrozza
Age: 11 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1909
[abt 1908]
Birthplace: New York
[NY??]
Race: White
Home in 1920: Brooklyn Assembly District 6, Kings, New York
Sex: Female
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Inmate
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 4
Lucy and Clementina 1920 Census Info
Nuccia
1920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Lucy Carrozza
Name: Lucy Carrozza
Age: 11 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1909
[abt 1908]
Birthplace: New York
[NY??]
Race: White
Home in 1920: Brooklyn Assembly District 6, Kings, New York
Sex: Female
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Inmate
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 4
Lucy and Clementina 1920 Census Info
Nuccia
Re: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
Terri.......so glad everything worked out for you, what a long shot..... 8O
but it paid off!!
wldspirit
but it paid off!!
wldspirit
Re: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
Nuccia,
Thank you, yes these are what I was looking for. When I first saw them, I had no means to copy the image so I wrote everyting down on a paper. Now I will send these to my Uncle and ask him if he knows about these children.
terri
Thank you, yes these are what I was looking for. When I first saw them, I had no means to copy the image so I wrote everyting down on a paper. Now I will send these to my Uncle and ask him if he knows about these children.
terri


