Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
My name is Kristina, I am going to try and send for more records about my Great Grandfather's family. I am not sure where to send for information to. If someone could please translate the document that I placed a link to below, I would very thankful! I think that if I knew what is said I would know the right place to send my letter to. thank you for your help in this matter!
Well I just checked to make sure that my link worked and I guess it did not! So, if anybody can tell me what I might have done wrong that would be wonderful! Sorry for the giant picture the posted!
Kristina
I used Imageshack and after the image uploaded I copied and pasted the link that said"hotlink for forums 1" I guess this was not the right one to use,huh?
Hi, is small, but I read only some word:
year 1894, month of October, day 31 parish.......
Joannes(Giovanni) son of Cergnuiel Matt... son of ..... agricultor and FAGODI Eugenia daughter of Stefano, godfather Giuseppe...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
I have just emailed you the record. Thank You very much!!
I will be looking forward to hearing from you! You can eother post the information that you find or send me a email either way is fine with me.
Diocesis Parentino-Polesine Albona-Istria-ITALY
Faith of baptisms and births Pisinense Political District
number: 493
In the Anno Domini (GOD YEAR) 1894, month of October, day 31, in this parish under Dom. N., Bergotti locality, is born and day ... to priest reverend .. Gregorio BOREA (or Borca) with catholic ritual is baptized Joannes( Giovanni) born and baptized 31/10/1894, male gender, legitimate son;
father: Mattheus( Matteo) CERGNUL son of Matthei (Matteo) agricultor,
mother: Eugenia FAGODI ex- orphanage;
of which, in faith this testified letter XIII ° ex christenings book, pag. 304, faithfully extracted, Albona church college Parish sealing, with my own signature.
Albona ex parish office 10 april 1938..
Don Silvio Ca..o ZANONI parish priest
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Thank you for the quick translation! I have a couple of questions now if you don't mind. So would I write to Albona to ask for records? also the Godfather, I see you are Italian is there a tradition that people followed as to who they made the Godfather? Was it normal for people to have 2 Godfathers? Thank you for all your help!
YOU can write in ALBONA, YES!
why 2 godfather: joannes had only 1 godfather, as all italian peoples! the Joannes godfather was Josephus MARTINI ( are elencated all first names, but the 1° is the real first name: Josephus, surname: Martini).. the godfather, is always, a relative, or a good friend...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
If it wouldn't be to much trouble, do you have the resources to get me that address in Albona?
Do you know if their is a place that I can write to about orphanage records. Also do you think that Fagodi is Eugenia's adopted parents surname or her real parents surname? Is Fagodi a Italian surname?
There has been a strong custom in Italy that determines how children are named: The first male is named after his paternal grandfather.The second male is named after his maternal grandfather.The first female is named after her paternal grandmother.The second female is named after her maternal grandm...