Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by wldspirit »

Any chance she went by Maria??? Perhaps a nickname???
wldspirit
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by Esperanza »

magprise wrote: Were you able to make out the first name of Antonio Molinello's wife - yes definitely very interesting that the last name is Caputo. That may explain their close association thru the years. Unfortunately, my family does not know that name Molinello and no one who knew Vincenzo is still living.

Thank you so much,
GS
I enlarged the name, hope it helps some.

I see something like an Ermalinda ? Rosalinda...

It looks the record keeper had trouble listing the name too.

What is Antonio Molinello's wifes name ??

I get a different name everytime I look at it... Any opinions?

Speranza
User avatar
magprise
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by magprise »

Hello,

My family always said her name was Mary Ann. Her marriage license says Anna Maria and her death certificate says just Mary.

GS
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by wldspirit »

Have you seen this listed record for naturalization:

Marchiano Stephen 1938 905 254782 M625

located at the following database:

http://www.italiangen.org/EDNresults.AS ... =Marchiano &EnterSoundexCode=&EnterFirstInitial=&kindenter=exact

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by jcsm400 »

Esperanza wrote:
magprise wrote: Were you able to make out the first name of Antonio Molinello's wife - yes definitely very interesting that the last name is Caputo. That may explain their close association thru the years. Unfortunately, my family does not know that name Molinello and no one who knew Vincenzo is still living.

Thank you so much,
GS
I enlarged the name, hope it helps some.

I see something like an Ermalinda ? Rosalinda...

It looks the record keeper had trouble listing the name too.

What is Antonio Molinello's wifes name ??

I get a different name everytime I look at it... Any opinions?

Speranza


EMANUELIA?

Are you sure on the her surname? Could it be CASI?O or CAFI?O.......? doesn't look like the "t" in Antonio.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
magprise
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by magprise »

Hello,

I went to the regional federal archives last week and looked at that Stephen Marchiano as well as all the other Marchianos I could find but none of them were related.

Thanks,
GS
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by Esperanza »

Hi jcsm !

I am glad you replied about this.

Here is the manifest again...

See line 26

Take a look at the "p's" from the name Giuseppe on line 13..... and even on line 23.. - Spina

I am reading Cap*to (even though the "T" is a little bent)

And it does look like Emanuela ! Good eyes!

There are many other Emanuele and Emmanuele Caputo manifests.

Thank you for your help.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by jcsm400 »

OK, I'll give you the CAP, but how about CAPULLO or CAPILLIO with the upper curve of last "l" the dot for the "i?"........just so you know, I'm lousy at these things! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 135
Joined: 09 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by Esperanza »

I wasn't looking for Caputo when I found this record. I was looking for the name Anthony Molinello.

When I saw the name on 26 I had to look at it for some time... I originally never posted the name as I wanted magprise to see it and wonder too.

Image

I was wondering who the Molinello witness was and was hoping that he could give us some clues... which in fact it did. Vincenzo and Anthony may have been business associates, may have been brother in laws... maybe uncle and nephew... we just don't know... we are just finding all this out.

But they were both in the liquor business who's addresses were almost next to each other and there was a connection between the two.

All kinds of surprises out there. Lots to look forward to.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by wldspirit »

Speculation is great.....and you can manipulate the info to fit the scenario.....but it is exactly that......speculation.

I can surmise a number of scenarios from my own families manifest,
but that does not constitute concrete evidence, and is certainly not how genealogy is done.

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by jcsm400 »

Lets try backing up on this research & see where it takes us.

Can you provide information on the family of Vincenzo Caputo (b. ?) & Mary Ann Marchiano (b. ?)? Children names & birth years? Did they stay in New York?

Does their marriage certificate list a church? Is there an address on Mulberry St? Did it take place in NYC?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by wldspirit »

Great idea Nonna J......there are plenty of vital records to be had, which will in turn lead to further clues and more records.

wldspirit :wink:
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by vj »

Hi all!
Excuse me, but I'm trying to catch up w/you all.
Is this the correct 1910 census from the other thread?
Thank you! vj

possible 1910 caputo census
Manhattan Ward 4, NY, NY
4 Roosevelt Street, rents house
- Vincent Caputo, 58 (abt 1852), married once for 24 yrs (abt 1886),
b in Italy, immig 1880 Na, Groceries - Importer, Employer
- wife Mary, 40 (abt 1870), 12 children born/9 children living,
b in Italy, immig 1886
(these children b in NY)
- daughter Theresa, 18 (abt 1892)
- son Joseph, 17 (abt 1893)
- son Louise, 16 (abt 1894)
- daughter Margaret, 14 (abt 1896)
- son Julius, 6 (abt 1904)
- son Alexander, 1 (abt 1909)
- daughter Adelina, 3 mos (abt (1909)

same address?, no apparent relationship noted:
Giardullo
Garrone
Viggiani

--------------------
and, just for clarification (magprise already has this one too)
Thanks! vj

possible 1900 caputo census
Manhattan, NY, NY
176? Park Row, rents house
- Vincenzo Caputo, May 1853, 47, married 14 years (abt 1886),
immig 1880, 20 yrs in US, Na, Bar Room
- wife Mary, July 1873, 27, 6 children born/6 children living,
immig 1886, 14 yrs in US
children all b in NY
- daughter Rosina, May 1888, 12
- daughter Lena, Apr 1889, 11
- daughter Teresina, Oct 1887??, 12??
- son Joseph, ? 1891, 9
- son Luigi, Feb 1893, 7
- daughter (can't read name), ? 1896, 4
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi VJ

Thanks for providing the census information. Hopefully one of the chilrens' birth records and/or bapstismal records will provide the town information!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
magprise
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames

Post by magprise »

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for looking up so much info. Yes those are the correct 1900 and 1910 census. I have the New York City marriage license for Vincenzo and Mary Ann as well as for 3 of Mary Ann's brothers but I only know the church where Vincenzo and Mary Ann were married (St Anthony's in Manhattan in 1886)and I have written to that church for the records.

I have the birth records for the children of Vincenzo and Mary Ann but they were all born in NYC and stayed there. I have the baptismal record for 1 of the children but it doesn't provide any more information. That church no longer exists but I think I know which church keeps its records. The baptism was in 1890. Would a church at that time recorded information about the parents town of birth?

The Caputos stayed at 4 Roosevelt Street until the 1930s and then moved to 12 Roosevelt Street.

Thanks,
GS
Post Reply