Italian Genealogy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dejef07

Italian Genealogy

Post by dejef07 »

I have been interested for any information I can get on my great grandparents. They were from Italy and came to the united states by boat. I dont know alot of information about them but I do have his name. His name was Strother (Janow) or Genoe. My family has always spelled our name Genoe but I recently found out that our original name was spelled Janow. Hopefully someone has some information about relatives they might have had in Italy. Thanks Candida Genoe!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Neither Janow nor Genoe are currentlyh in Italy as surnames and there is no record of Janow being an Italian surname. It is in the ellisisland.org website a predominantly russian and east european surname. Genoe does not exist among any immgrants arriving from Italy or europe for that matter in the ellisisland records. Perhaps they came into the USA thru another port of entry such as Boston or Phildelphoa in which case you have to file form 81 to NARA for a check of the USA arrival records for the wntire country. Gop to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm for the form. Peter
pidyjo

by boat to the US

Post by pidyjo »

If you are looking for someone that came over to the U.S. by boat, go to the Ellis Island site. I believe it is www.ellisisland.com It will tell you when they came and where they came from. Very good!!

ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thank you. Peter
delta1

i am serching for fam. Lochner Spormaggiore

Post by delta1 »

I'm searching for fam.Lochner in Spormaggiore,i would like to now or my ant and cousins are alive, and where they living :D
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lochner in Spormaggiore

Post by suanj »

Hi:are 14 families in Spormaggiore with surname Lochner: here it finds, http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... re&x=0&y=0
names, addresses and numbers of telephone
:wink: suanj