Great grandpa from Naples. Eligible for Italy Citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
gvandora

Great grandpa from Naples. Eligible for Italy Citizenship?

Post by gvandora »

My maternal great grandfather was born in Italy in late 1800s. He immigrated to the US around the turn of the century. My grandfather was born here in 1920s. My mother was born here in 1948. I was born in 1982. Am I eligible for italian citizenship juris sanguis?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Great grandpa from Naples. Eligible for Italy Citizenshi

Post by wldspirit »

gvandora

Post by gvandora »

According to those sites, it looks like I'm qualified assuming. I just want to someone else to agree with me. ;)

I just need to make sure my great grandpa didn't get naturalized before my grandpa was born.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

If naturalization occured after 1906, you can send this request in to check for documentation:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... f3d6a1RCRD

wldspirit
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

If your great grandfather was born in the late 1800's and came to the U.S. at the turn of the century, it is likely that he came with his parents. You need to check, not only his naturalization date, but also that of his father. If his father naturalized when your great grandfather was still a minor, your great grandfather naturalized with him.
jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jenalonso »

The US Census records will have the information of whether or not (and when) your great grandfather was naturalized. That is how I found out.

Did you check those?
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.