Looking for Coppola and Abbruzzese families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
therese

Looking for Coppola and Abbruzzese families

Post by therese »

Hello! My grandfather was from Napoli and emigrated to Cuba at the beginning of the last century. I would like to know more about my ancestors and present family in Italy. I am Cuban and live in Mexico. Last year I visited Napoli, but just for a weekend in summer, so I couldn't find any Coppola there!!!!!!
His name was Eugenio Coppola Abbruzzese. Son of Luigi and Filomena. Probably born in 1883.
Could you help me?
You may write in Spanish or English. Unfortunately, my Italian is not fluently.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Therese there are more than 200 people surnamed Coppola in Naplesovince and the cityh of Naples which is the capital of the province. The region it is located in is Campania and there are several other provinces as well. Perhaps your grandfather came into the USA before going to Cuba so go to www.ellisisland.org for his possible entry. Also without a town of origin for your grandfgather or grandmother there is little that can be done so I suggest you scour every piece of paper, photograpsh and family stories for clues as to where they came from. get basck to me when you have some information. Peter
COPPOLATIFF

Re: Looking for Coppola and Abbruzzese families

Post by COPPOLATIFF »

:D THATS ONE OF MY GRANDFATHERS ALSO