how can i find more about Torriglia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gardella

how can i find more about Torriglia

Post by Gardella »

hi everyone i´m Eduardo Gardella, i´m son of Carlos Gardella born in Chile in 1945, son of Carlos Gardella born in Chile, son of Carlo Gardella born in Torriglia, Italy in 1879, he came to Chile in some year, he is son of Stefano and Rosa, italian both.
i´m looking for some information about torriglia, i know where it is and some else, but i´m trying to find some records to let me going to my genealogy, in the site familysearch.org there are many files from genova, italy but i can´t find any record about Torriglia, if some one knows in what other town near torriglia can be registered their born, if doesn´t exist "stato civile" at this time(1879).
well, if some one knows how can i do i´ll really aprecciate it.
i hope i´m clear, i´m spanish spoken but i can write a few in english.
thanks to all
is a great site.
Eduardo Gardella

in this site there are many places but torriglia doesn´t exist.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... %2C+Genova
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: how can i find more about Torriglia

Post by eyetalgal »

Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Torriglia, Province of Genova 16029, Liguria, Italy. Peter

Torriglia was not a republic but a feudal principality located on the mountains of Genoa's hinterland, ruled by Doria family from 1547 to 1797, when it merged into Ligurian Republic.
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

thanks eyetelgal, i know about Doria´s family and where is the stato civile, i think that some one can tell me about in what microfilm i can find records about Torriglia or wherever was called at 1800, the things is familysearch.org, a very interesting and important site can help all of you to find more, and i want to find more, but Torriglia doesn´t apperar.
bye thanks every word can help me.
regrats.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In Archivio di Stato of GENOVA, are the Stato Civile, about Torriglia, from 1806 to 1813

STATO CIVILE
A t t i d e l l o s t a t o c i v i l e d e l d i p a r t i m e n t o d i
G e n o v a ,
voIl. 788 (1806-1813).
In Torriglia you can write directly and to ask the birth record, because, NORMALLY, in Italy north the civil record registries starting from 1871.. if you know that the probable birtyear of your ancestor is 1879, you can ask the search ... here the email:
http://www.comune.torriglia.ge.it/anagrafe.asp
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

I don't know if this will help or interest you. There is a site regarding the Guarnieri family from Neirone, Genova. This town is about 4 miles from TORRIGLIA and has several GARDELLO families. It also gives Gardellos in other nearby villages/towns. It may just be a long shot. The Guarnieri who has this site actually has a cousin named Remo Gardella. His email is/was anthony@guarnieri.com. This link should find the site. http://www.guarnieri.com. There is a link To View Information, Stories, etc. I think it would be worth your while to visit it.
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

thank you both, i´ll mail to Stato Civile but y guess that already mail to them last year, but i´ll try again. and i have a CERTIFICATO DI NATO for my ggrand father he was born August 3, 1879 in Torriglia Italy, son of Stefano and Rosa Gardella,i got this for my sister that knows a friend , who lives in Italy and he ask that certificate there and they send to us in Chile, a very long story, so i will like to find more about my family, and i want to know if i can keep going by the net, is that possible?
Thanks V.I.P= VERO ITALIANO PRESTO, or VERY ITALIAN PROUD, bye thanks.

and for EYETELGAL, i saw thata site the Guarnieri´s great site, i have hundred of names , but now i have to see my relatives and family tree
see you bye
Thanks to all
this site rules!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Gardella: if you already mailed to Torriglia common, and no reply, most probably your mail it was in no correct italian.. when you say that your ancestor was son of Stefano and Rosa Gardella, well in Italy this is incorrect, because you must to write son of Stefano and .... (birth surname) Rosa, if you know, otherwise you write only "son of Stefano", I believe that you don't will have difficulties for to find the birthact... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

right! my gggrand father was Stefano Gardella and his wife was Rosa Gardella too,both have the same last name, at least that is what you can read in the "Certificato di Nascita" for my ggrand father Carlo.
take care see you.
you are in Italy right?
where?
bye
Gardella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

well in this case you send again the request, writing:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio 16,
16029 Torriglia - Genova
Italy

Fax: +39 010 94 32 97

Oggetto: Richiesta estratto atto di nascita

Spett.le Ufficio di Stato Civile di Torriglia,
il sottoscritto Eduardo Gardella cittadino cileno di origini italiane, cortesemente richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio, l'Estratto dell'atto di nascita in modello plurilingue del proprio antenato italiano:
-GARDELLA Carlo nato a Torriglia nel 1879 circa, figlio di Stefano e Gardella Rosa.

In attesa di riscontro alla presente e di conoscere eventuali spese dovute, è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,
Eduardo Gardella
.................. your complete and exact address
.......................your email

and please to make a normal letter or a fax , because the email some time is no considered... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

oh great!!! thanks SUANJ, y really apreciatte your help,
and the format of this letter can be used for ask some similar information like certs, and wherever?
so i have the Certificato di nascita for Carlo (mutlilingual),so i´ll like to ask the birth of Stefano or Rosa, or marriage for them. to keep going to my italian genalogy.
what can i do?
thanks
Gardella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

yes , changing the data obviously... for marriage act you must know almost the probable marriage year, perhaps abt 1877.....

in this case you write the letter so:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio 16,
16029 Torriglia - Genova
Italy

Fax: +39 010 94 32 97

Oggetto: Richiesta estratto atto di nascita e estratto atto di matrimonio

Spett.le Ufficio di Stato Civile di Torriglia,
il sottoscritto Eduardo Gardella cittadino cileno di origini italiane, cortesemente richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio, l'Estratto dell'atto di nascita in modello plurilingue del proprio antenato italiano:
-GARDELLA Carlo nato a Torriglia nel 1879 circa, figlio di Stefano e Gardella Rosa.

altresì richiede Estratto dell'Atto di Matrimonio in modello plurilingue di:
- GARDELLA Stefano coniugato con GARDELLA Rosa in Torriglia nel 1877 circa.

In attesa di riscontro alla presente e di conoscere eventuali spese dovute, è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,
Eduardo Gardella
.................. your complete and exact address
.......................your email

for the birthacts of Stefano and Rosa, I believe that you must to ask the baptism acts in Torriglia church, because they borns before of 1871.. so when you have the marriage act, from the birthdate or birthyear ( some time are only the age of spouse in the marriage act) you can request to priest in Torriglia church.. regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

i can view microfilms from stato civile , to find my ancestor who lives in torriglia, but the town Torriglia aren´t here, so in wich of this i can find data about Torriglia or may be none of them it have.
thanks.
Gardella

1 |Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Foce (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

2 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Marassi (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

3 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Multedo (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

4 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 San Francesco d'Albaro (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

5 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 San Martino d'Albaro (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

6 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1874 Staglieno (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

7 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 Quarto al Mare (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

8 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 Quinto al Mare (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

9 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 San Giovanni Battista (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

10 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1910 Sant'Ilario Ligure (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

11 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1915 San Quirico in Val Polcevera (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

12 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1925 Genova (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

13 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Apparizione (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

14 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Borzoli (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

15 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Prà (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

16 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1927 Struppa (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

17 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Bavari (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

18 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Bolzaneto (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

19 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Cornigliano Ligure (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

20 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Molassana (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

21 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Nervi (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

22 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Pegli (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

23 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Pontedecimo (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

24 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Rivarolo Ligure (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

25 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 San Pier d'Arena (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

26 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Sestri Ponente (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile

27 Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929 Voltri (Genova). Ufficio dello stato civile
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

i guess in the number 12 Genova, Genova.
because the other are far from Torriglia doesn´t it?
jtorre

Post by jtorre »

There are no microfilms for Torriglia on familysearch.org. The Mormon Church has not yet filmed in that part of Province of Genoa. I have had good success writing to the comune of Torriglia. However, civil records begin in 1866. Anything earlier would require writing to the church which is not so responsive. The priest manages 12 parishes.

I suggest writing to the comune to ask for the marriage record of Stefano Gardella and Rosa Gardella between 1865 and 1879. In the letter, say that their son Carlo Gardella, your great-grandfather, was born in Torriglia 3 August 1879. You could also ask for the birth records of other children born before Carlo.

If Torriglia responds that they did not find the marriage, either it occurred before 1866 or it occurred in another town. Marriages usually occured in the town of the bride. Since Gardella is very common in Torriglia and also in the near-by comune of Neirone, it could be that Rosa Gardella was from there.

Good luck, J Torre
Gardella

Post by Gardella »

thanks J. i'll keep going.
bye