Can anyone help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suzyblu

Can anyone help

Post by suzyblu »

My g grandfather Peter Carswell, I persumed he had altered his name?? is from Italy probably South Italy and arrived in Glasgow Scotland in approx 1870's. He had lots of children to Elizabeth, she took his name but no marriage recorded. He is in the 1881 census and then disappears. Is there anywhere I can find any information on him?? Ships, birth?? Completely stuck!
Thanks 8O
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Can anyone help

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Susan & welcome back,

Have you obtained any additional information from the records that we have previously suggested you obtain for him & family?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Pilot53

Post by Pilot53 »

suzyblu wrote:My g grandfather Peter Carswell, I persumed he had altered his name?? is from Italy probably South Italy and arrived in Glasgow Scotland in approx 1870's. He had lots of children to Elizabeth, she took his name but no marriage recorded. He is in the 1881 census and then disappears. Is there anywhere I can find any information on him?? Ships, birth?? Completely stuck!
Thanks 8O
Suziblue...

Hi...Saw Y'r posting here ..Have U tried Ancestry.com? All U do is sign up..(free) & start posting..Anyone seeing Y'r postings will reply 2 U. Either that or U mite want 2 try friends reunited.com This has a wide broadbase world wide.

Hope Y'r search works out 4 U..

Pilot....
From the Great Southern land ..Down Under...
Am a Viscuso living here in Australia searching 4 other Viscuso's as well world wide. Hope 2 get 2 know some from here
suzyblu

Post by suzyblu »

Thanks for the reply. I have looked everywhere can't find anything. All I found was a census in 1881 states 'Peter Carswell born Italy - ice cream maker and that's it and as he never married (or didn't register it) didn't register his kids. I have nothing :(