Iocolano / Beltrame

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lrcmcj

Iocolano / Beltrame

Post by lrcmcj »

researching Iocolano and Beltrame surnames. i posted a topic over 2 years ago but got no response or any real help. just curious if i have any other relatives in the states? i am in california and hope to find some relatives. there has to be someone related to my grandfather or grandmother. they both had siblings and cousins, some here in the states and some still in italy! HELP!!!!!!! just so you know i have checked ellis island records and found nothing on them! i dont understand how it all works.

thanks,

lorraine :)
Lorraine
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surnames

Post by VaDeb »

Welcome to the forum.

A suggestion.

If you want to connect with possible relatives you should post some additional information.

What town in Italy did they originate from? Persons with the same surname from the same town are more likely to be related. Coming from different towns in Italy - well less likely.

Include some basic information on the family. Example, Giuseppe Spinelli, from Amanta, Calabria, Italy immigrated to the USA in 1905 and settled in the name of town, state area. His wife was named Giuseppa. They had 5 children named ......

This wil enable someone to identify a common, possible commone link.

Debbie
lrcmcj

Re: Iocolano / Beltrame

Post by lrcmcj »

i have one little problem, both of my grandparents are deceased and i dont know the exact towns they are from. what do you suggest i do? i have limited information to go on. i know the whereabouts of where they came from and names of their parents. but that is about it.

thank you very much for your response. i appreciate any and all help.

lorraine
Lorraine
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Well, genealogy works best when you start with the present and work backwards. We can take some shortcuts, find your ancestor on a census, find year of immigration, find manifest, hopefully find town and your researching in Italy.

I don't think this is the best way. Well, at least you need to still do the USA research. It will add so much more to the history and your understanding. Sometimes its impossible to find your Italian roots without the USA work done first.

Do you have death certificates for your grandparents? What about obits? They can have a ton of informaiton.

Were they alive in 1930? Do you have census records? If not, please give first and last names, year of birth, and where they lived in 1930. Give us a snap shot of the family in 1930 so we can identify them. WEre they married? Name of spouse and children?

Debbie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Lorraine,
Really great advice from Debbie :D
Do these two records belong to your family?
Would the census records be in Texas?
Do you know where they were born?
Thanks! Valarie :)

SSDI
Name: Luisa Beltrame
SSN: 455-72-xxxx
Born: 13 Nov 1918
Died: 18 Feb 2001
State (Year) SSN issued: Texas (1960-1961 )
Last Residence: 92114 San Diego, San Diego, California
Last Benefit: 91911 Chula Vista, San Diego, California

Name: Francisco Iocolano
SSN: 455-70-xxxx
Born: 16 Mar 1913
Died: 1 Mar 1995
State (Year) SSN issued: Texas (1960 )
Last Residence: 91911 Chula Vista, San Diego, California
lrcmcj

Post by lrcmcj »

Those are the names of my grandparents and i recall my father telling me that they resided in Texas after entering the U.S. from Argentina. They came from Argentina sometime in the late 50's early 60's. I know that one of them was in fact born in Italy and the other one was born in Argentina. How do i go about finding records of entry in Argentina from Italy? I will be visiting Argentina at the end of the year and hope to be able to find out more information. Any advice?

Thank You so very much!!! I am now starting to see how some of this works! Both of you have been really helpful!!! Thanks!!! :D
Lorraine
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Lorraine,
It's expensive, but you may want to write away for your
grandparent's Social Security Applications.
I'll PM you with their complete SS# in case you don't
already have them. Valarie

Guide

What you should get:
The Social Security Administration will make copies of the original
Social Security application (the SS-5 form) for a fee of $27.00
for each individual copy.

The SS-5 form has the following information:
Full name of person.
Date and place of birth.
Parents' names including the maiden name of mother.
Residence at the time Social Security number was applied for.
Date the application was filled out.
lrcmcj

Post by lrcmcj »

Thank you very much Valarie!!!! you have definitely pointed me in the right direction!!!! I never knew any of this stuff was possible! many thanks to you!!!!
Lorraine
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Lorraine, you're very welcome.
We all appreciate being able to help out :D .
It's a shame the SS records are so expensive,
but the databases most of us use on ancestry.com
only have arrivals up to the late 1950's.
The information you get from the SS applications
should open a few more areas to search.

A few other records you can look into:
(there are more)
- naturalization records
- children's birth records
- children's marriage records
- local church records
- death certificates
- obituaries
- funeral home records
- cemetery records
- occupational/ business records
- property records
- hospital records
- organizations they may have joined
- letters (& address books!) to/from family or friends
- old photo's (check the back!)

It's a tough list of things to track down, but
maybe it may give you a few idea's of
your own?
Let us know if you get stuck, and please
let us know when you get their SS applications!
Valarie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Lorraine,
VJ has given you a great place for SS records. If the forms were filled out correctly, you should have names of parents and places of birth.

I belive in getting all documents possible. Write for their death certificiates. Go or write to the library and get a copy of their obits. Great info in them, but you do need to verify what you find.

You can also file a FOIA (freedom of information request) with ICE. It will be free, but may take some time to get the answers. I have gotten them back in 6 weeks, have heard sometimes take longer. REquest a complete copy of the file. Since this is so recent of a record, be prepared to follow the instructions under PRIVAVY FOIA. You will need to prove you are entitled to the informaion - that you are related and they are deceased. An obit will even be accepted as proof.

http://www.ice.gov/about/legal.htm#foia

The ICE should have all copies of their immigration for you. Never know what you will get from ICE and its free, just need to be patient.

Debbie
lrcmcj

Post by lrcmcj »

This is the most help that i have ever received since i started the research some time ago. i just was not advised like this before and like i mention before, i am new to all of this. i will update with any new information. once again, "thank you so much"! :D
Lorraine
CarolineSuzan

Post by CarolineSuzan »

Hello Lorraine,

Well, I'm writting here because I think we're relatives! My father is Carlos Alberto Chaves, son of Susana Iocolano de Chaves, who is Francisco Iocolano's sister.

My dad also asked me for to ask for your father Mario Iocolano's e-mail, because he wants to contact with your family and Laura Iocolano's e-mail too.

My father is from Argentina, but we live in Brazil.

I let here my e-mail: cachaves@onda.com.br / carlos_a_chaves@hotmail.com

I hope you answer me!

P.S.: Sorry for any kind of mistake, my english is not so good!
lrcmcj

Post by lrcmcj »

hello,

i received your message. my father is currently in argentina and i forwarded the message to him.....i believe i met susana when i was a little girl when her and her husband came to visit in california.......we went to sea world together.....my email is: lrcmcj@hotmail.com

Please keep in touch!
Lorraine
nursedr

Post by nursedr »

Hello,

My grandmother's sister was married to a Diego Iocolano in New York State. Would you have any relationship to him.