Help with Old Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
debkellar

Help with Old Document

Post by debkellar »

I am trying to attach a 2 page letter to my post and am not having any luck. I had to scan the document to my computer so it is a jpeg document. Is this something I should be able to attach? Any suggestions?

Thank you for any help.

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with Old Document

Post by suanj »

the attchement it are hard here, so please to use http://www.imageshack.us/ and post the link.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
debkellar

Post by debkellar »

Grazie Suanj for the suggestion. I'm not sure if this will work but let's see. I'm afraid it may be too small to read now.

Here is the link to my 2 page letter. This was written by my ggg gf c1872. I am not having any luck translating it. If there is anyone able to help, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/debkellar/
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

deb the images are so little size, and it is impossible to read it.. in any case it seems a letter for a help in a charity act.. the most part it are of kindness words for a visite that the author made to consul, and also he is sad because the business or affairs don't allow it of to go newly..
let it sad...
the author saying abt a affair that don't can to have a delay as in the letter copy that the author also sended, and because the affair is a
a charity act, the author hope in a consent for to insert also the consul name and the author ask the permission of to make this...... also he mentioning a priest, a italian senator, a minister that already accepted this charity .. the last part, the author saying that is always available to serve it with respect...

but the reading is very hard... but the right sense it is this.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
debkellar

Post by debkellar »

Buon giorno Suanj,

Thank you very much for your kind help. If I rescanned and made the images somewhat larger, would that help in reading it? The original size was very large and I probably overdid the adjustment when I was trying to make it small enough to attach to this forum.

Grazie! Debbie
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

First of all, i will try to give you a first reading of this letter:

bMS Am 1340.2 (1978)
Finotii, Gustavo M.
5 letters: 1872-1881
The Houghton Library 1934

AGENZIA CONSOLARE
d'Italia in Boston

Boston, July 20 1872

Eccellentissimo Signore
Mi sarei fatto un onore di venire a vederla in persona, ma un'affezione non matura, ed un mondo di affari mi tengono qui inchiodato.
L'affare non amettendo dilazione, come vedrà dalla copia della lettera che le inchiudo, e trattandosi di opera così caritatevole, spero che ella sarà così buono a permetterci di mettere il suo rispettabile nome nel Comitato, all'effetto di ottenete pronti sussidi. Il reverendo ..., l'onorevole O. Warner secretario di stato, coll'onorevole ... hanno già accettato.
Sempre pronto a servirla mi creda con rispetto e stima,
Gustavo Finotti

Eccellentissimo professor Henry N. Longfellow

Hope to read more...

Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
debkellar

Post by debkellar »

Grazie Tommaso,

I very much appreciate your assistance with this letter. I received 5 letters from the University Library and this was the only one written in Italian -- 1872 Italian. :)

Would you be willing to translate this for me? My Italian is pretty much just one or two word sentences right now.

Thank you in very much for your kind help. Thank you everyone in this forum. Everyone is wonderful and so very helpful.

Debbie