Translation Help!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MrB327

Translation Help!

Post by MrB327 »

Hello,

I was hoping one of you folks may be able to help me translate this letter from my GG-grandmother in Italy to my G-grandfather here in the US. Her handwriting isn't the best, but I would appreciate any effort you could make. It may give me some much needed info.

here's the link: http://www.thempt.com/Letters_from_Italy.html

Thank You,
Brian
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation Help!

Post by suanj »

San Vincenzo La Costa 28 ../1947
dear blessed son,
I replied your higly appreciate and pleasant letter with (a mine letter)dated of last March, by air mail, for to have a reply, I don't say prompt, but almost, I hoped that the persistent your silence was ended, because you have thought opportune to break the duration of, niflumic, that 36 longest years.

Instead, with regret, I consider or better ascertaining, you recommence newly.
For love God, this gives pain a lot to me, I would want indeed did not come true the predictions of the malignant peoples, and also your promises so soon they have gone in lock?
Impossible, just to comprise like you, Antonio live calm, without the news of a old and alone mother away from all relatives.
Instead I assure you, my always blessed son, any day passes it seems a century to me, of night then I do not close eyes(I do not sleep), because the mind is dimmed and fantastic in many left thoughts, I mourn the solitude and the big distance that it separe me from all beloved relatives.

Patience and resignation.
Therefore, beloved, from part laziness, juvenile thoughtlessness, rather it considers as father, as grandfather which you are, that from a so much long time you live far, from who raised to you, it grew to you with hardships, with its job, without help father, and it is no so much if it expects affection, a thought is valid, and the news that you by now you gave to the beginning.
Blessed son, I exhort to you to continue to write assiduously, solicitously, and you are sure that you of it you will not repent.
My gratulations to you for the beautiful son, young man, of which you have had the good idea of let me know through the photo, ignoring but to say him name to me; more lucky, glad I would be if I had the fortune to embrace it personally, with you also.
Ahen indeed I would consider myself happy and tranquil I could die, in order to have to you cleared to voice my every secret. Every interest which, I fear, they go injured, while they have therefore a lot cost to acquire them.
While I thank you repeatedly of the sent package that for misfortune it reached to me in a sorry state, because the box it arrived diminished of the half, ditto for sucre's box, two precise coffee's box because knit, one confection of needles with of the black and white spools for to sew.
I have listed the objects of the package in order introduces you if something lacks what you have sent.
I appreciate all of heart, but I hoped in your writing, therefore in such attended I feared to thank you of kind thought, and in order to repair I send the present letter by air mail.
Therefore beloved son, if great waste and annoyance does not bring you, I wish a pair of soft shoes and little of cloth of modest color, in order to make for me a death clothing.
I allow myself of to trouble you no for money lacking, but because here it is not found null of beautiful and good.
Thanks for all in advance.
While, beloved, you will remember that to write it is kindness, and to reply is a duty, so this time, you will not come less to the demand and you will answer soon.
You have best regards with your prepreferred wife and all relatives, embraces tightened and warm kisses to grandchildren, affection to young man of which I want the first name.
I implore, with to the blessings that the good Lord will make to come down on entire the your family, it are included my numerous and eternal blessings, so that your fates never are not shaded from bad events.
A embrace and a kiss from your sincere and much devoted mother
Luigina.

P.S.: A regard I send to reader of the present letter, with the prayer to make to ponder and to explain the content of the present letter.
--------------
hoping helpful, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

this letter is so sad.... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MrB327

Post by MrB327 »

Grazie suanj!!!

Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate your time and trouble. I have a couple more letters if you wouldn't mind. :)

http://www.thempt.com/Letters_from_Italy.html

Brian
Researching Ciancio, Panza and Ricchio families in San Vincenzo La Costa, Calabria.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Brian, normally, we translate some phrases, or civil record, and also some brief letter; in your case the letter already was so long... ... however here, in this forum, it are so much members very able in the translation... I believe that they help you! regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MrB327

Post by MrB327 »

Hello Raffaella,
I understand. That first letter was quite lengthy and I do appreciate your help with it. I have three more letters that I would like to have translated. I would be willing to offer you compensation for your time.

Thank You,
Brian
Researching Ciancio, Panza and Ricchio families in San Vincenzo La Costa, Calabria.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Brian, I sended a pm to you.
Regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH