DiGirolamo, Cerulli, Mastromonaco would like more info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
shinyfur

DiGirolamo, Cerulli, Mastromonaco would like more info

Post by shinyfur »

Hi there! I am interested in knowing more about the Cerulli, Digirolamo and Mastromonaco family that origionally came from Provvidentti, Campobasso. My Grandfather, Pietro Cerulli married my grandmother Concetta Digirolamo. Her mother was named Carminella Mastromonaco. Any information would be wonderful!

Mira
regina
Rookie
Rookie

Post by regina »

Births, deaths, miscellaneous documents, marriages, banns, marriage documents, citizenship records for Provvidenti for 1809-1900 are available on microfilm thru Family History Centers. You could learn a lot about your family -- your grandparents, their siblings, their parents, cousins, etc. -- from these records.

Have you ever visited a Family History Center before?

Regards,
Regina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is also the possiblity you have relatives there now so go to www.paginbebianche.it and insert the surname one at a time in the first line and the town on the third line and click CERCA for a listing, if any, of the surname you selected by full name,address and telephopne number. Most likely you can uncover much oral history as well and in adition to what Regina advised you can alweays write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile for the documents you wish providing youi have full names and year of birth. Its your cesion how to proceed since there are form letters in italian for you to send with yhour request. I might suggest that if you go to the Mormon Family Histoiry Library bring along a magnifying glass in order o read italian handwriting. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

One more thing, go to www.ellisisland.org for the full names and year of birth of your relatives who came to the USA as immigrants along with other items of genelaogical interest to you. Peter